Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find one locally, so I had to order a Wilson magazine for my Kimber Ultra Carry II. I was having FTF problems with the Kimber mags. Took the Kimber with the new Wilson mag to the range today...problem solved. 200 rounds no issues. I'm a happy camper. :danceban:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
The Wilson mags will fix a lot of Kimber problems. :yup: The OEM Kimber mags are awful. I don't have any experience with the Kimpro-Tac mags, but they're almost as expensive as the Wilson mags, so I choose Wilson...:hand10:

Now just order a few more...:yup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had a problem with one of my Original 7rd Kimber gov't size mags, I've never had a problem with the Tac mags nor the stainless steel mag that came with my ultra carry.

I stick with the Tac Mags but I think wilson makes some good mags.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Wilson has fixed a Kimber and Springfield of mine. Good products!

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I have one colt mag I use at the range,every time I empty the mag I gotta stick the follower back in it and now I'm thinking about will go bend the feed lips back into place,but for carry I have wilson combat 47d mags

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I picked up a couple Wilson mags for carry. Great stuff

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The only mags I will use and trust in my Springer are Wilsons and Wolffs! Never a problem with either.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Kimber mags are good for putting that first chambered round in at a match where you then put it in your pocket. In Kimber's defense their new Kim Pro mags seem better. Wolff's do not work with my mag wells.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
IMHO the Tac mags are crap. I switched to Tripp, no comparison. I tried several of the Wolff's and they worked OK but not the quality of the Tripp's.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried a couple of the KimPro mags before I tried the Wilson...they weren't working either. Maybe my Kimber is just picky, but the Wilson is the only mag that has worked for me.

·
Banned
123 Posts
Same for me on my Kimber Pro Tactical...I was just about ready to sell it off but once I switched to the Wilson mags it ran fine. Since then I will only run Wilson mags even in my Colts to have that piece of mind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts