Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found 500 rounds of bulk Winchester (USA brand) ammo that is 165 grains full metal jacket, flat nose (FMJ-FN) Boxer-primed brass for $129. Is this ammo any good? Would be used strictly for target ammo I just don't want to run complete junk through my Glock 23. I typically stick with hornady, Remington, and magtech, but I found this in bulk and on sale. Found it on bulkammo.com

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have run through my high point and my SR40C with no issues.

Reactions: AndyC

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank ya fella's, just wanted to make sure it wasn't some kind of extra cheap stuff that would have more misfires than actual good rounds in or be dirty as heck

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Found 500 rounds of bulk Winchester (USA brand) ammo that is 165 grains full metal jacket, flat nose (FMJ-FN) Boxer-primed brass for $129. Is this ammo any good? Would be used strictly for target ammo I just don't want to run complete junk through my Glock 23. I typically stick with hornady, Remington, and magtech, but I found this in bulk and on sale. Found it on bulkammo.com
Check out SG Ammo since you like the MagTech ammo. They have it pretty cheap if you buy 1,000 rounds. It is just a bit cheaper than the Winchester. I have bought a lot of ammo from them and their customer service is excellent. The shipping is extremely quick to boot. My only complaint with the Winchester ammo is it seems to be a little dirtier than the other USA made ammo.

·
Super Moderator
19,884 Posts
Just remember you get what you pay for. No "generic" ball ammo will shoot as cleanly as the premium stuff, and quality control won't be as tight, but overall it's good enough for range time. FWIW, among the generic ammo from the major manufacturers, I put American Eagle at the top of the heap and UMC at the bottom.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just remember you get what you pay for. No "generic" ball ammo will shoot as cleanly as the premium stuff, and quality control won't be as tight, but overall it's good enough for range time. FWIW, among the generic ammo from the major manufacturers, I put American Eagle at the top of the heap and UMC at the bottom.
I looked for American eagle but all I could find in 165 grain was either 50 rounds per or 1,000 rounds per. The 50 rounds added up in price to quick and I didn't want to spend $320ish for 1,000 rounds all at one time. So I settled for the Winchester. I checked the gun after putting 150 rounds of 180 grain magtech through it and it was dirty but not near as dirty as I expected it to be honestly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts