Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard Rumor Winchester is going to stop making rifles?
Has anybody heard this? Or do I have it wrong?

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
I think i posted a link about this here..

Basically if the Factory isn't bought by a certain date they wont be making anymore rifles..Looks like the Date is March 31st

I have heard this one is just rumor though that they have tied the Winchester name up somehow so foreign companies cant use it

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Bud,

The Winchester name and rights are still owned by Olin-Winchester, the lease agreement expires in 2007. (whoops, I guess that is stated in the article, sorry.)

Bud, I also noticed in the link you provided, you have a BB 94, is yours a Winny or the USRAC? I came across a heck of a deal last week on a minty .375.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
There appear to be some developments, tho whether anything will come of it hard to tell.

I won't paste a load of stuff but there was a thread on THR yesterday dealing with this - so anyone wanting to catch up take a peek.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=185827

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn guess I better keep my mod 94 in mint condition then

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
OD said:
Bud,

The Winchester name and rights are still owned by Olin-Winchester, the lease agreement expires in 2007. (whoops, I guess that is stated in the article, sorry.)

Bud, I also noticed in the link you provided, you have a BB 94, is yours a Winny or the USRAC? I came across a heck of a deal last week on a minty .375.

Hum not sure ill have to dig it out one day

1 - 9 of 9 Posts