Defensive Carry banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read alot of info on this ammo and picked up 4boxes of this Bonded 165grain 40S&W from WalMart. It is kinda expensive 20rounds @ $21.95. I ran a box through my Full Size M&P40/357Sig.I was using my 40S&W barrel in my 357Sig. I emptied the mag using double taps and triple taps. From what I have read it passed the FBI's strigent testing of 12-15inch penetration. It looks like it has great expansion also. Has anyone else had any experience with this ammo. I think I am really liking it and it looks like it compares favorably to Speer Gold Dots.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just bought a couple of boxes of that also but in 180gr. I haven't had a chance to shoot any yet though. I would like to get some in 165gr. I'll be going to Wal-mart tomorrow to see if they have any. Thanks for the report!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
165grain is the proclaimed "best grain" for 40S&W self/personal protection round...

so you have a .357sig M&P? You can you switch out the barrel and shoot 40 cal ammo... Could i do that? (i have the M&P40) if i got a .357sig barrel??? do you know?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spec, I understand you have an M&P40, all you have to do is buy a M&P357Sig barrel and there you have it. Two guns for the price of a barrel swap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts