Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not defensive ammo but practice.
Just curious if anyone has tried the new Winchester USA Forged steel case ammo yet? Looks like a decent price at Walmart but when I went back to pick up a box, they were sold out.

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
I have shot 900 trouble free rounds of this stuff. Decent accuracy and it all went bang.

Reactions: QKShooter

·
Registered
76 Posts
While I typically stick to brass, it's either Federal Aluminum or Freedom Munitions American Steel when I don't. I just went through almost 500rds of American Steel this past weekend while breaking in 2 new guns (XD9 Subcompact and M&P9c) with no hiccups whatsoever. They do not seem to run as dirty as some of the other ammo (incl some brass I've shot), which made it much easier to clean up afterwards. Based on pricing you should be able to pick up a box of either one for about $10 per 50rd box. If it's .45 I usually practice with the Federal Aluminum at $15/box.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
If I'm going down to steel case, it's to save a bunch of money, so it would be Tula or Wolf, or Silver Bear. Winchester Forged sells for more than Blazer Brass, Federal Champion, and sometimes Hornady American Gunner around here.

Reactions: StormRhydr
1 - 5 of 5 Posts