Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Things like this make all car owners look bad.

What a dirt bag though. No excuse for this.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Maybe it is the easy access to information these days, but it sure seems like there are more crazy people than there used to be.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I'll play devils advocate. Throwing objects at cars can be quite deadly, yes even a snowball. Imagine you are driving down the road and suddenly your windshield explodes in white. It's not much different than dropping an object off an overpass.

No the kids did NOT deserve to get shot however they are not faultless in this.

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll play devils advocate. Throwing objects at cars can be quite deadly, yes even a snowball. Imagine your driving down the road and suddenly your windshield explodes in white. It's not much different than dropping an object off an overpass.

No the kids did NOT deserve to get shot however they are not faultless in this.
Sorry, you cannot shoot kids for throwing snowballs at cars.
Yes not smart. People who throw blocks off overpasses are trying to kill people, pretty sure these kids were not looking to kill someone. Not the same in my opinion.
Heck if I got shot for every snowball I threw at a car back in the day, I would look like Swiss cheese.
Thank God back then the driver usually just got out of the car and yelled at you or whacked your ass.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Sorry, you cannot shoot kids for throwing snowballs at cars.
Yes not smart. People who throw blocks off overpasses are trying to kill people, pretty sure these kids were not looking to kill someone. Not the same in my opinion.
Heck if I got shot for every snowball I threw at a car back in the day, I would look like Swiss cheese.
Thank God back then the driver usually just got out of the car and yelled at you or whacked your ass.
I specifically said they didn't deserve to get shot

·
Registered
888 Posts
This old guy up in Grand Forks, ND put a 9 year old in the hospital for throwing snow balls at him??? Personally, I didn't want to grow old with all my many faults and it led to conviction and repentance. I think this old guy hasn't yet. Sad.

In elementary school, I got hauled into the Principal's office - again - for hitting a passing driver who had his window open upside the head. Good throw right? :yup: No, I was aiming at a kid across the street who had started it and the car got in the way. Principal may or may not have understood, but he wasn't impressed. :scruntiny: iirr it was one of those hard nasty slush balls.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-dakota-man-68-assault-9-year-old-boy

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Although the shooting was inappropriate / illegal, odds of them throwing snowballs at vehicles in the future has likely decreased.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Just quickly exit the car and throw some snowballs back at them. That's what I did once, along with pretending I lost control of my car before throwing snowballs.

Shooting them is WAY over the top for this.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Got to fess up, Never threw snowballs when I was a kid. Never seen snow until 1989, The blizzard of N/E Fla. ; )
H/D

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
This old guy up in Grand Forks, ND put a 9 year old in the hospital for throwing snow balls at him??? Personally, I didn't want to grow old with all my many faults and it led to conviction and repentance. I think this old guy hasn't yet. Sad.

In elementary school, I got hauled into the Principal's office - again - for hitting a passing driver who had his window open upside the head. Good throw right? :yup: No, I was aiming at a kid across the street who had started it and the car got in the way. Principal may or may not have understood, but he wasn't impressed. :scruntiny: iirr it was one of those hard nasty slush balls.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-dakota-man-68-assault-9-year-old-boy
Actually he was in Minot.

This thread points out an issue of messing with people you don't know.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Like that, SouthernBoy. I could use a little play time. I learned to drive in Buffalo, as in NY, as in Blizzard City. Then in Iowa. Not enough snow, but we did get inches often enough. Even enough to keep me home a few times. As long as there's no vehicles to endanger, kick out the rear a bit before getting out and throwing a few snowballs at them.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Sorry, you cannot shoot kids for throwing snowballs at cars...back then the driver usually just got out of the car and yelled at you or whacked your ass.
That's what happened to me, and a couple of friends.
Actually, he threw snowballs back at us, and he was a lot more accurate than we were, and threw with much more force.

It was a quick, good lesson!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts