Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to depart on a trip to PNC park in Pittsburgh to see the Phillies. I'm going with another father and his two sons and a daughter along with my son and daughter. I have to leave my gun at home for two reasons. One, I can't carry in the park and the hotel doesn't have a safe. Two, I'm reasonably sure that the other father who is driving wouldn't appreciate me carrying and leaving it in the car while we watch the game. I guess you call that living on the edge.:image035:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Had to do the same thing when I went to a Tigers game, and that was in DETROIT as well. Park close, stay together, carry some OC spray, and keep up your SA. You'll be just fine. Enjoy the game!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Good Luck!

·
Registered
44 Posts
re:wish me luck

Very safe area. Love PNC Park. Although I'm sure, like me, you feel like you're missing something anytime (and all the time) you aren't carrying, feel secure while you visit that area of the city. A lot of people and high police presence. Have a great time!!!!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I hate when I have to leave the gun at home. It's not a guarantee of safety but it sure feels better having it with than at home.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I don't think they'll let you take OC into PNC park. On the other hand, if the security is like Heinz field, they don't check you very thoroughly and they don't have metal detectors. I'm not saying you should break the rules here.

When I had to go to Heinz Field a week or two ago, I ended up just leaving my gun in the car. My girlfriend did somehow sneak OC spray in. She handed it to me leaving the stadium. I don't even know...:scruntiny:

PAFOA: Going to Heinz Field Tonight

·
Banned
13,685 Posts

·
Super Moderator
50,583 Posts
You need more than luck to stay safe...stay alert.:hand10:

·
Registered
752 Posts
I thought I read on another board about that park having storage lockers for people carrying to the game......

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
no ccw at the game

ah, that uneasy feeling of traveling and attending a game without your
peace maker at your side. :gah: well good luck to ya.
stay safe and enjoy the game. :hand10:

·
Registered
862 Posts
good luck and have fun!

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think they'll let you take OC into PNC park. On the other hand, if the security is like Heinz field, they don't check you very thoroughly and they don't have metal detectors. I'm not saying you should break the rules here.
Their website says no weapons, but the bag checking at the gate might as well be non existent. I had a camera bag and they just waived me on through. I could have easily CC'd there.

Very safe area. Love PNC Park. Although I'm sure, like me, you feel like you're missing something anytime (and all the time) you aren't carrying, feel secure while you visit that area of the city. A lot of people and high police presence. Have a great time!!!!
I agree. I had to go through downtown to cross the river and I felt reasonably comfortable walking to the park. Significant police presence was nice.

Upon leaving the game, one of the LEO's there asked if we were coming back tomorrow night. I was one of seven in my group surrounded by a sea of folks in Phillies attire. There was seventeen thousand at the game and I estimate three-fourths were phillies fans. We really boosted their gate receipts.

Nonetheless, all is well that ends well. Thanks to all who wished me good luck. Hope the anti's don't read this. They'll say, "See, you don't need a gun to be safe".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts