Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our sheriff's office uses Ford trucks. I drove one for four hours today.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
It is axiomatic that someone else will sell police vehicles if Ford won't. As a last resort, I sure the Germans at Mercedes would be happy with all that business.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I don't think that will happen.
Probably not but it's the way my grandfather handled it when he had some employees who became agitators attempting to unionize his business.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The lack of intelligence of these people is unbelievable ! Trying to destroy their own jobs.
And today the employees of Goya Foods don't want to work because the owner praised Trump.
And these morons wonder why they don't have everything that someone with a brain has.

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
FWIW, they would not be giving up much. Police vehicles account for about one half percent of Ford vehicle sales and the prices are below non-cop MSRP.

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FWIW, they would not be giving up much. Police vehicles account for about one half percent of Ford vehicle sales and the prices are below non-cop MSRP.
I am sure they like police sales as much as Glock does. It's been good for their image for many years and I am certain there are some potential buyers who figure if the police are driving them, they must be dependable.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
I doubt you would see that at Harley Davidson which is the major producer of Police motorcycles! Their employees tend to be far more dedicated to the "company" than the big 3 automakers.

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
Do you want to be the .5% of the factory workers who gets laid off?

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
Do you want to be the .5% of the factory workers who gets laid off?
I wasn't suggesting dropping police vehicles would be a good idea for Ford or its workers. I was just pointing out that it would be possible. A lot of companies right now are making stupid decisions to appease the mob that will cost them more than .5%.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I think Ford should produce a TV commercial as follows:

Police Interceptor with camera zoomed in on the Ford emblem charges into the middle of an intersection, lights flashing and siren screeching, slides sideways to a dramatic stop. Officer bales out, faces camera with steely eyed expression and in a low, calm and commanding voice says "Woke enough for you? Ford supports Law and Order".

Screw the Woke malcontents!

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Fired! Fired! Fired! and Fired!
There, anyone else?

I don't think that will happen.
@G26Raven Why not? Employers do not have an obligation to bend to every employee whim. Ford has been producing police vehicles for decades. That is a steady line of business and the employees do receive wages for producing those cars. If Ford loses that business, I wonder how many employees will be let go? Might as well fire the problem employees and hire unemployed people that do not have a problem with making police cars. Problem solved!

Here is the part I liked:

The group demanded that Ford Motor Company comply with its demands by July 15, Jalopnik reported.

“We cannot claim to support the fight against systemic racism while supplying and supporting the very systems that perpetrate violence against Black Americans,” they wrote. “We, the undersigned employees, call for Ford to cease development, production, and sale of all custom police vehicles and products. Our resources can and should be diverted to other forms of first response and public safety.”
Or what? What if Ford does not comply? What are the employees going to do? Quit?

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
@G26Raven Or what? What if Ford does not comply? What are the employees going to do? Quit?
I imagine the implied threat is that the leftist mob will call for boycotts of Ford, attack dealerships, etc., which ironically would do more damage to the company and further diminish job prospects. But the mob doesn't seem to care about biting the hands that feed them. I thought it was the height of hypocrisy that the mayor of Minneapolis now wants federal aid, after telling the feds to not interfere in the rioting.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts