Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is all Wolf ammo crap or is it just certain calibers. I have had a lot of feed and fire problems with the stuff I have bought.:(

·
Registered
484 Posts
I only use Wolf in communist weapons, as they were designed for it. Works great in my Mosin, or AKs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried some Wolf 45acp steel case in my Para 14.45 LDA Limited and it was a jam-o-matic. The lacquer coating on the casing causes all kinds of hell.

That’s the last time I cheap out and buy Wolf.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
From all that i have been told by many range ppl, NEver ever feed Wolf into anything you care about.

~A

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
It\'s not going in any of my guns :no:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wolf SS .22 ammo, as made by SK (Germany) is excellent ammo. Clean (as clean as .22 ammo can be), reliable and accurate. Any other Wolf ammo I would only recommend for Com Bloc weapons (AK, SKS, etc. ) Some AR\'s love it while others choke on it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have used it in my AK. It seems to work pretty well however....

I have gotten a couple of rounds with a severely dented primer (like it was used) and the cartridges would not fire. I noticed them BEFORE I put them in the gun.

Accuracy was not so good. I bought some Barnhaul ammo and accuracy improved dramatically. The Barnhaul was .10/round while the Wolf cost me .08/round. The Barnhaul ammo has a lacquer finish where the \"new\" Wolf has the polymer coating.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Wolf 7.62x54R will print 3.5 inch at 100 yards out of my 62 year old Mosin M38. Good enough for this non-rifleman. I don\'t have to worry about it being corrosive, even though I stockpile the surplus stuff.
I will never use it in any other firearm - I watched Wolf handgun ammo fired at the range i worked at, and fireworks shows at the muzzle were common, including ejected cases trailing sparks. Not good....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use it

over 500 rds so far, no FTE or FTFs yet.

did have one round not fire even though I could see firing pin mark on primer...

it\'s cheap practice ammo, some weapons are more picky than others.

I use a Glock G30 which does not mind Wolf Ammo at all.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Borrowed??

I will use it in borrowed guns only:eureka:

Just kidding:D

Would use it in SKS/AK if I owned one. Steer clear of it otherwise. Seen too many guns that would not run it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My MAK-90 loves it, but i do not shoot it out of any of my handguns.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just saying the same thing everyone else says. Wolf ammo works great in AK\'s and Nagant\'s. The rest is crap.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
the old green cased stuff that was coated with laquer was a mess to shoot, the laquer cooked off when cycled fast and coated the chamber, and shot dirty.
However the new polly coated gray case is just the opposite. will not cook off and shoots very clean and is accurate (45 acp)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Didn\'t like the few I\'ve shot. And 2 out of probably 15 of them \"blasted\" in my face... :O

·
Banned
177 Posts
The new poly wolf i\'ve heared nothing but good stuff about. It seems to do a lot better in \"western\" guns.

It\'s an oddity in the gun world, a manufacturer that listens to it\'s customers criticisms and moves to improve.

Anyway, my AR is getting fed wolf if it will take it. The war in iraq is sucking up a lot of ammo. Cheap surplus .223 is a thing of the past. Lake City is selling nothing but factory seconds now and for over $200/case of 1000. Wolf poly 223 at $105/case of 1000 is a godsend.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I generally try to stay away from this, and I never buy it. Occassionally I\'ve gotten Wolf rounds for free and have fired them after carefully inspecting them. It should be noted that I cannot remember having had any failures with Wolf ammunition.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts