Defensive Carry banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
The partiers assaulting the father and daughter is wrong but I think that the father and daughter confronting them was wrong as well. As much as I have practiced social distancing and other precautions to try to help the spread I doubt I would confront anybody if they were not social distancing.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
In going to Trader Joes. It was very organized, 4 individuals, standing in a line. I joined the line. They were in a clump? As an old chap, I always feel I can address anyone? Reason? Ex Bouncer, from Liverpool UK, always armed.
Across the walkway, they were standing on? Where strips of tape, 6' apart! "Hi, Guys" "Did you see the spacers on the path?" We all started laughing! And they shuffled about! The young girl who was pointing the carts out? She did not notice the tape on the deck either.

I scoffed the last two cases of Two Buck Chuck! Merlot (24 bottles) $35.00 a case. Just the two of us, they will last a while.

Reference the incident of beating? We would have been armed (With earplugs) And the same Glock 19, plus my Steyr AUG. Any boarders would have been repelled. 5.56 nato, beats a cutlass.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
G26Raven, msgt/ret and KILTED COWBOY like this. Thank you!

So much of our quotes and posted are done in jest. But I have to say, in all seriousness, I would without a shadow of a doubt, repel drunken teens from my vessel, that I was sharing with my very lovely Daughter. Without a second thought. And with no worries, as the Aussies say!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
You are going to see more of this.
People are losing patience with this lock down
Fear and boredom are a dangerous combination
Could not agree more....I was at a grocery store 3/4 full of mask wearers....I didn't wear one and bet some were some mumbling at me.
They are setting a new norm with this....I bet you the farm when cold and flu season breaks out in late fall/early winter we will have the same thing as
what we have now.

·
Premium Member
3,307 Posts
Could not agree more....I was at a grocery store 3/4 full of mask wearers....I didn't wear one and bet some were some mumbling at me.
They are setting a new norm with this....I bet you the farm when cold and flu season breaks out in late fall/early winter we will have the same thing as
what we have now.
Are you sure it was not your cornhuskers tee shirt?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Considering that the fact of you wearing a mask only protects the person you are mayhap projecting droplets on. It does not protect you.
From what is being said? As the health care workers are wearing masks? Seems like a good idea yes.
We went to the Post Office yesterday, to mail 2 dresses and a wee vest. To CA to the Grandkids in that State. Made be my Wife. We have lots of time on our hands. Boy and girl, Irish Twins. Both 7 YOA at this time.
Will get our Flu vaccinations in October, same as each of the last 6 years (No Flu yet!)

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
So the thing to do if you don't want to catch the virus is to go confront other people who don't care about spreading it? I'll bet that this father and daughter confronted a lot of loud parties before they got smacked with the bat. But now you can try to blame your stupidity on the order to maintain social distancing.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I was filling up with gas last week and a guy pulled in to a pump across from me in a 1/4 ton truck that must have had 1500 watts of stereo pumping. He got out, left his door open, and started filling his truck. The music was loud enough for an outdoor party.

So I thought about it for a few seconds and decided to walk over to him and say something. When he saw me coming his body language gave off a message of ***. Then I asked him, "Who is that?...that's a really good version of that song!" The music blasting from his truck was a version of "Can't You See?" ( the Marshall Tucker tune).

He said, "I think it's Waylon.....No it's Hank!" So I said, "That's awesome...turn it up!" Then a few seconds later, a piece of chrome trim fell off of his drivers door rocker panel onto the pavement and we looked at each other and laughed. He had it so loud it his truck was starting to come apart.

Now, I guess I could have yelled from my truck to turn that down! But I thought I'd try the opposite. After all, people have been cooped up and some are going stir crazy. And it was a really good version of that song.

That is one thing we don't know here....how did the two approach the group? Not that they deserved to be attacked or beaten but they could have started the whole mess. You'd think or hope that a 61 year old would have been wise enough to walk away and ignore the stupidity. Unless he owns the stretch of beach the partiers were on, he probably should have distanced himself and his daughter. However, it is easy to second guess or monday morning quarterback the situation now.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Key West has changed. I was stationed there twice, 6 yrs total. Partied on Wisteria a few times, never seen anything like that.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I'm "social distancing" off an island, in a boat, during a highly infectious pandemic of a never before seen virus with my at risk older father so we stay safe.
I'm looking thru my binoculars all day long. At other boats. People on the beach. Taking notes. Writing down the time. Taking pictures. Listening to the news. Getting worked up.
The first thing I'm going to do by golly when I get a chance is launch my dingy with my father and expose ourselves to the virus by confronting a group of young drunks.
Give 'em a piece of my mind. Tell 'em what they already know. Don't you know who I am ?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts