Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This event is horrible, of course. Totally criminal terrorism. Freedom of speech and freedom of assembly are rights we all have and no one should be killed for exercising it.

But there is a practical side to this also. Having rights doesn't mean exercising anytime, anyplace, in front of anybody, is always a good idea. Confronting a mob and arguing with them is not good SA. You have a right to do it and you should not be killed for it, but it is sadly a foreseeable outcome.

My bet is the shooter will never be caught. This only emboldens the mob to do more of this.

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At what point does a lethal ambush over politics become an assassination? The shooting is wasn’t a heat of the moment thing, it seems it was a premeditated ambush murder.
Yep. I would even call the shooter a sniper. Amazing the MSM has not picked this up at all. I found it on a local Fox station site, a site in the UK and a specialty right wing site, not a lot else. It's like her death didn't happen. Now if the sniping went the other way, it would be a new round of riots and the shooter would already be in custody.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Who knows what the liberal courts will say, but the shooter did lay in wait and shoot from an ambush - that requires premeditation. Sad situation. It is becoming clear that there are no off limits to these animals, women and children mean nothing more to them than just another target.

·
Premium Member
33,904 Posts
From the article:

"Eventually the two sides separated because they realized they were both armed. The groups then fist bumped and walked away from each other."

I guess an armed society really is a polite society...

·
Super Moderator
16,415 Posts
In my opinion this whole BLM fraud should be shut down, their poster children were nothing but criminals and thugs. Take trayvon martin, he was nothing more than a criminal attempting to murder someone by pounding their head into the pavement and got himself shot in the process, then there is Michele brown who had already robbed and beaten a shop owner then tried to assault a police officer and got shot for his efforts, then there is freddie grey, stoned out of his mind and resisting arrest. I have no sympathy for any of them and their so-called movement.

·
Premium Member
4,514 Posts
Nothing good happens at 3 AM, on a canal , when you're with a group of people who are using ethnic slurs around another group who happen to be that ethnic group.

Her death was so preventable and it makes me angry that her 3 year old lost his mother...who should have been home with him in the middle of the night.

This sounds like two gangs that crossed paths, got into a shoot out and a young woman was killed. Her saying, "all lives matter" probably only inflamed an already volatile situation.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hoping that her spirit, if in unrest, comes to incessantly haunt the cowardly assailant. Prolly' no suspect .
(Where was the camera in this case)

·
Registered
321 Posts
In my opinion this whole BLM fraud should be shut down, their poster children were nothing but criminals and thugs. Take trayvon martin, he was nothing more than a criminal attempting to murder someone by pounding their head into the pavement and got himself shot in the process, then there is Michele brown who had already robbed and beaten a shop owner then tried to assault a police officer and got shot for his efforts, then there is freddie grey, stoned out of his mind and resisting arrest. I have no sympathy for any of them and their so-called movement.
He was a kid without a criminal record who was followed by an adult who had a lengthy criminal record who antagonized and needlessly initiated the entire situation... Furthermore, a few jury members publicly stated that they believed Zimmerman was guilty, but there wasn't any proof either way to prove him guilty or innocent thus they voted to acquit. I agree with the verdict, but I also believe that Zimmerman wasn't an innocent victim who was suddenly attacked by some rabbit black thug as some of you need to conveniently believe and try to push that narrative.

I get tired of people trying to paint Trayvon as some out of control "thug" and the person with the criminal history who was on a power trip as an innocent victim. Odd that word is rarely if ever thrown at Zimmerman who was in legal trouble because and after the incident. Who assaults women and L.E.... If the media coverage and skin colors were reversed, the opinions would follow.

·
Premium Member
4,514 Posts
He was a kid without a criminal record who was followed by an adult who had a lengthy criminal record who antagonized and needlessly initiated the entire situation... Furthermore, a few jury members publicly stated that they believed Zimmerman was guilty, but there wasn't any proof either way to prove him guilty or innocent thus they voted to acquit. I agree with the verdict, but I also believe that Zimmerman wasn't an innocent victim who was suddenly attacked by some rabbit black thug as some of you need to conveniently believe and try to push that narrative.

I get tired of people trying to paint Trayvon as some out of control "thug" and the person with the criminal history who was on a power trip as an innocent victim. Odd that word is rarely if ever thrown at Zimmerman who was in legal trouble because and after the incident. Who assaults women and L.E.... If the media coverage and skin colors were reversed, the opinions would follow.
Spin goes both ways. Trayvon was not just a sweet kid attacked by an adult. He was well on his way to "thug life", or maybe wannabe thug life.

·
Super Moderator
16,415 Posts

Martin's later teenage years
When Martin started high school, his goal of playing professional football was put aside in favor of a career working with airplanes.[22] Martin attended Carol City High School in Miami Gardens for his freshman year and most of his sophomore year, before he transferred to Krop High School in north Miami-Dade in 2011. While in his first year at Carol City, Martin attended classes in the mornings at the high school and then went to George T. Baker Aviation School for the rest of his school day. Martin's ninth-grade teacher, who taught him, three classes of Aerospace Technology at the Baker Aviation School, said he was a normal student, well-behaved, who passed all his classes. According to another teacher at Carol City, math was his favorite subject, and she said she never saw Martin show disrespect. Some students at Carol City compared Martin's death to that of Emmett Till, one of the nation's most infamous civil rights cases.[12][21][22]

Martin's mother had him transferred to Dr. Michael M. Krop High School, which has approximately 2,700 students, for his junior year. Fulton said that her son had average performance in school, and she transferred him because she thought Krop High School was better and she wanted a different environment for him. While a student at Dr. Michael M. Krop High School, Martin had behavioral issues. At the time of the shooting, he was serving a ten-day suspension for having a marijuana pipe and an empty bag containing marijuana residue. He had been suspended twice before, for tardiness and truancy and marking up a door with graffiti. The suspension for graffiti was in October 2011, when Martin was observed by a school police officer on a security camera "hiding and being suspicious" in a restricted area of the school. According to the officer, he later observed Martin marking up a door with expletive deleted. When his backpack was searched the next day by a Miami-Dade School Police officer, looking for the graffiti marker, the officer found a dozen pieces of women's jewelry, a watch and a screwdriver that was described by the school police officer as a burglary tool. The jewelry found in his backpack included silver wedding bands and earrings with diamonds. When Martin was asked by the officer if the jewelry belonged to his family or a girlfriend, he said a friend had given it to him. When asked for the name of the friend, Martin declined to provide it. The school police impounded the jewelry and sent photographs of it to detectives at Miami-Dade to investigate it further. No evidence ever surfaced at that time that the jewelry was stolen. An attorney for Martin's family said the parents did not know about the jewelry or screwdriver. Martin was not charged with any crime related to these suspensions and did not have a juvenile record.

·
Registered
321 Posts
It's like I listen to how BLM and Liberals types try to paint a situation and then how people on our side (Conservative leaning) try to paint situations, and I've come to the conclusion that both sides are crazy....

You have one side running cars into people and shooting at the protesters and you have these protesters shooting and assaulting people. Both sides are spray painting statutes and other crap. Each side only wants to pay attention and acknowledge the bad the other side is doing.

The woman that was killed was allegedly in a group of people who was using racial slurs. Seems like both groups went there armed looking for trouble. No, she didn't deserve to lose her life, but when you play stupid games and put yourself insert yourself into these type of situations, don't be surprised when this type of crap happens...

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
I have been wondering when some whack job with the right equipment deceides to climb up on a building and attack a BLM or Antifa march.
This is what concerns me. I suspect it may not be a "whack job" but someone who knows what they are doing. It may turn out to be several someone's who know what they are doing and are armed appropriately to deal with large crowds.

If they have the knowledge and skill, it may be a very chilling message to anyone who decides to conduct the kind of protests accompanied by violence we are seeing, and it may be very difficult to find them.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Spin goes both ways. Trayvon was not just a sweet kid attacked by an adult. He was well on his way to "thug life", or maybe wannabe thug life.

View attachment 333429 View attachment 333430
So smoking weed and taking stupid pics makes someone a thug now? Or is that only when an Africa American kid smokes weed? Many, many white kids his age also smoke weed. Funny how you push the narrative that Trayvon is a thug by posting pictures, but never push that same narrative by posting Zimmerman's mugshots and criminal record. Shows your bias... You and the mod seem to be going out of your way to push a narrative while COMPLETELY ignoring Zimmerman's "thuglife." It's like Fox News vs MSNBC on here... People can't be objective.

The media on both sides politicised the entire event and turned it into a them vs us and black vs white (yes I know he's Hispanic) issue. People only want to see what they want to see...

·
Premium Member
4,514 Posts
So smoking weed and taking stupid pics makes someone a thug now? Or is that only when an Africa American kid smokes weed? Many, many white kids his age also smoke weed. Funny how you push the narrative that Trayvon is a thug by posting pictures, but never push that same narrative by posting Zimmerman's mugshots and criminal record. Shows your bias... You and the mod seem to be going out of your way to push a narrative while COMPLETELY ignoring Zimmerman's "thuglife." It's like Fox News vs MSNBC on here... People can't be objective.

The media on both sides politicised the entire event and turned it into a them vs us and black vs white (yes I know he's Hispanic) issue. People only want to see what they want to see...

If a white or Hispanic kid posted those pictures of himself on-line, I would most definitely consider him to be a thug, because that's what he wanted people to think...big and bad. Otherwise, why would he post them?
When someone tells you who they are...believe them. This is the image Trayvon was promoting.

I don't know about Zimmerman's criminal record, but I'm sure you can fill me in.

This is all water under the bridge but it was a big part of the divide we are seeing today. Thanks Obama. Both Martin and Zimmerman were at fault but the media, Left and Obama hammered for months about how Trayvon was targeted because of his race.

Now, BLM runs the narrative and it's a very dangerous narrative. It's not about "black lives" at all...it's about destroying the country. They're well on their way to doing it, too.

Every day we are hearing about people being targeted because of their race (white)or being a LEO, that has to stop. Making excuses for them or saying, "the other side does it too" isn't going to change their behavior.

Anyone who thinks that BLM won't turn their beady eyes to them and destroy them is blind to what's going on. We are in a real crisis in this country and appeasement isn't working.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is what concerns me. I suspect it may not be a "whack job" but someone who knows what they are doing. It may turn out to be several someone's who know what they are doing and are armed appropriately to deal with large crowds.

If they have the knowledge and skill, it may be a very chilling message to anyone who decides to conduct the kind of protests accompanied by violence we are seeing, and it may be very difficult to find them.
You said what I meant much better than I did.

·
Premium Member
4,514 Posts

That's very possible, similar to what happened in Las Vegas a few years ago...although the shooter died in the incident. At least, that's what we were told.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts