Defensive Carry banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
So smoking weed and taking stupid pics makes someone a thug now? Or is that only when an Africa American kid smokes weed? Many, many white kids his age also smoke weed. Funny how you push the narrative that Trayvon is a thug by posting pictures, but never push that same narrative by posting Zimmerman's mugshots and criminal record. Shows your bias... You and the mod seem to be going out of your way to push a narrative while COMPLETELY ignoring Zimmerman's "thuglife." It's like Fox News vs MSNBC on here... People can't be objective.

The media on both sides politicised the entire event and turned it into a them vs us and black vs white (yes I know he's Hispanic) issue. People only want to see what they want to see...
Trayvon made choices that led him to not be in school. He made a choice to assault someone. He got shot assaulting someone.

Should that person have been following him? Maybe not, but he was on the phone with a 911 operator trying to do the right thing. Most importantly, he was leaving the area and Trayvon attacked him. The shooting was justified for many reasons.

Important facts to note about Trayvon Martin:
  • Good kids don't get suspended multiple times for drug offenses. Good kids get scared straight after being caught the first time. That's my experience in working in a high school.
  • Another important fact is that Trayvon's mother moved him to another school to try and get him on a new and better path. Something that parents of good kids don't say. They say that of kids who are on the wrong path, but might still be saved.
Choices have consequences. Trayvon Martin got himself killed. No one else did.

Just as Jessica Whitaker made an incredibly stupid choice. I grew up hearing my relatives say, "Nothing good happens when out after midnight." When did most bad things happen? In the dead of the night to people not at home. Ms. Whitaker proves this to be true once again. She did nothing wrong. She simply made two stupid decisions. An unnecessary and tragic end to her life.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
The only reason George Zimmerman was charged and taken to court is Al Sharpton hates Jews. When he heard a black “kid” had been killed by someone with a Jewish last name he went full blown race baiter. It was only after a picture of Zimmerman was published that he went “he don’t look like a Jew?” But by that time it was too late and the “white Latino” term was coined.

If George Zimmerman was named Jorge Martinez he never would have been charged.

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Tim Pool is reporting that he has verified the social media accounts of Jessica Whitaker's family has been bombarded with racist posts and death threats, saying "You're next..."

Also, later reports indicate she was hit three times, including in the head. The MSM has barely covered it, and when they have mentioned it, they have played it down.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Trayvon made choices that led him to not be in school. He made a choice to assault someone. He got shot assaulting someone.

Should that person have been following him? Maybe not, but he was on the phone with a 911 operator trying to do the right thing. Most importantly, he was leaving the area and Trayvon attacked him. The shooting was justified for many reasons.

Important facts to note about Trayvon Martin:
  • Good kids don't get suspended multiple times for drug offenses. Good kids get scared straight after being caught the first time. That's my experience in working in a high school.
  • Another important fact is that Trayvon's mother moved him to another school to try and get him on a new and better path. Something that parents of good kids don't say. They say that of kids who are on the wrong path, but might still be saved.
Choices have consequences. Trayvon Martin got himself killed. No one else did.

Just as Jessica Whitaker made an incredibly stupid choice. I grew up hearing my relatives say, "Nothing good happens when out after midnight." When did most bad things happen? In the dead of the night to people not at home. Ms. Whitaker proves this to be true once again. She did nothing wrong. She simply made two stupid decisions. An unnecessary and tragic end to her life.
Again, you all are no better than the left when it comes to what facts you want to pay attention to and what narratives you want to push. Smoking weed does not make someone a thug. The majority of Americans support the legalization of pot smoking and a significant number if Americans of all ages, races, and backgrounds smoke or have smoked weed. You all continue to prove my point that you're bias based on race and the politicization of the incident...

One 17 year old kid smokes weed and gets into a fight at school prior to the incident, and you're obsessed with these facts. He's a thug living a thug life. Yet, you all claim not to know of and no one, other than me, has yet to even mention the several run ins with the law and the actual criminal charges that Zimmerman accumulated. You all make a conscious and calculated decision to ignore it because it doesn't fit into your agenda.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The only reason George Zimmerman was charged and taken to court is Al Sharpton hates Jews. When he heard a black “kid” had been killed by someone with a Jewish last name he went full blown race baiter. It was only after a picture of Zimmerman was published that he went “he don’t look like a Jew?” But by that time it was too late and the “white Latino” term was coined.

If George Zimmerman was named Jorge Martinez he never would have been charged.
The race baiting on both side is the reason behind the right leaning member's of this board illogical double standard and obsession with the prior minor wrong doings of a 17 year old all the while ignoring each and every one of the prior criminal past of a grown adult...

I've come to the conclusion that both people on the right, left, and the country in general have lost their collective minds.... I listen to the BLM, ANTIFA, and others on the left, and the amount of illogical, double standard, partisan, stupidity that they spew makes my head explode. Then I turn on Fox News, listen to conservative talk radio, and visit left leaning conservative sites, and I've come to realize that they aren't much better... Everyone has just become so partisan and tribal.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
The race baiting on both side is the reason behind the right leaning member's of this board illogical double standard and obsession with the prior minor wrong doings of a 17 year old all the while ignoring each and every one of the prior criminal past of a grown adult...

I've come to the conclusion that both people on the right, left, and the country in general have lost their collective minds.... I listen to the BLM, ANTIFA, and others on the left, and the amount of illogical, double standard, partisan, stupidity that they spew makes my head explode. Then I turn on Fox News, listen to conservative talk radio, and visit left leaning conservative sites, and I've come to realize that they aren't much better... Everyone has just become so partisan and tribal.
What would you have conservatives do? The left is tearing our country apart and destroying it. Are we supposed to stand around and sing kumbaya and try to make a peace offering?

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
That's very possible, similar to what happened in Las Vegas a few years ago...although the shooter died in the incident. At least, that's what we were told.
Yes...with this exception. IF he had been smart, and this country is filled with folks with the knowledge and expertise, they would still be trying to figure out who fired from where at that crowd.

As a nation, we spend a great deal of money each year teaching and training young people to do the unthinkable. Sadly, one day all that effort may bear a terrible fruit.

·
Premium Member
4,514 Posts
Again, you all are no better than the left when it comes to what facts you want to pay attention to and what narratives you want to push. Smoking weed does not make someone a thug. The majority of Americans support the legalization of pot smoking and a significant number if Americans of all ages, races, and backgrounds smoke or have smoked weed. You all continue to prove my point that you're bias based on race and the politicization of the incident...

One 17 year old kid smokes weed and gets into a fight at school prior to the incident, and you're obsessed with these facts. He's a thug living a thug life. Yet, you all claim not to know of and no one, other than me, has yet to even mention the several run ins with the law and the actual criminal charges that Zimmerman accumulated. You all make a conscious and calculated decision to ignore it because it doesn't fit into your agenda.
What matters is what happened at the time of the incident. However, the Media and Left were pushing the notion that Trayvon Martin was a sweet, innocent kid on his way back from buying Skittles and that was not the case. They did this to change the narrative and further the racial tension and divide in the country. I doubt they gave a damn about Martin himself, but it was the perfect opportunity to push the race baiting to a new high...which it did.

We can sit around and say nothing, being afraid of the Left while they divide us more, or we can stand up and fight back by pointing out their hypocrisy and desire to destroy the country.

I want the races to come together and say, "ENOUGH" ...we are Americans and we will remain Americans despite what ANTIFA (largely a white group) BLM, the Liberal Left and George Soros backed organizations want to do to the country.

If they ever get control, everyone will suffer no matter what their race or ethnicity.

It is NOT "both sides" it is one side attempting to take down the country and the other side attempting to stop them.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Amazing the MSM has not picked this up at all. I found it on a local Fox station site, a site in the UK and a specialty right wing site, not a lot else. It's like her death didn't happen. Now if the sniping went the other way, it would be a new round of riots and the shooter would already be in custody.
This incident has been included in the Indianapolis local news cycle a few times in the past few days. Sadly, it is just one of the 120 murders experienced in the city this calendar year. Nothing really makes it more or less interesting than the overall slaughter occurring in Indianapolis for the fifth consecutive year. A few weeks ago a 14 year old African America male was shot and killed on the canal walk. That fatal shooting received even less coverage than the fatal shooting of the "mother of three", perhaps because the 14 year old was killed while in the process of committing an armed robbery of the person who shot him.

The canal walk is beautiful. It is the culmination of several years of development planning and millions of dollars in investment. It was intended to be a pleasant cycling and walking corridor linking downtown Indy with the Indiana University / Purdue University Medical School. The canal is lined with some high end apartment buildings. It is home to the Kurt Vonnegut library and Museum, the Indiana State Library, McKinney Law School, and the Indiana State Government Center. In season, gondoliers and paddle boat renters ply the waters past scenic cafes and landscaped walkways.

After dark it is dystopian. People would never go there after sunset unless they are looking for drugs or other trouble.

The city lacks the necessary resolve to address its soaring surge in deadly violence. Since this week's killings the city has assigned two off-duty police officers to patrol the canal's mile long stretch between 10:00 PM and 5:00 AM. They formally announced that they are also installing a couple of temporary security cameras AND REPAIRING SOME OF THE LIGHTS THAT HAVE BEEN RECENTLY SHOT OUT!!

Police morale is in the pits since severe damage occurred to downtown businesses during the first round of George Floyd rioting and the mayor threw the police under the bus, accusing them of failing to react AFTER he instructed them to stand down and leave the downtown corridor to the protesters.

Like many American cities, Indianapolis makes arrests in fewer than 50% of the murder cases that occur. Cops pick up shell casings, the medical examiner picks up the bodies and the news media encourages "anyone who knows anything" to call 800-262-TIPS. Indy is an excellent candidate for the immediate introduction of Wide Area Aerial Surveillance, automated plate readers and increased use of facial recognition software.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This event is horrible, of course. Totally criminal terrorism. Freedom of speech and freedom of assembly are rights we all have and no one should be killed for exercising it.

But there is a practical side to this also. Having rights doesn't mean exercising anytime, anyplace, in front of anybody, is always a good idea. Confronting a mob and arguing with them is not good SA. You have a right to do it and you should not be killed for it, but it is sadly a foreseeable outcome.

My bet is the shooter will never be caught. This only emboldens the mob to do more of this.

You are correct to a point, The problem these days is that the leftists have already proven that they cannot be placated, satisfied, whatever, with ANY answer from the rest of us. Given that, despite their noise, there are plenty more of us than there are of them, the time will come when we finally, FINALLY, have had enough and "we" get even more aggressive toward them as they've been to us. And that's about as descriptive as I care to be.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have been wondering when some whack job with the right equipment deceides to climb up on a building and attack a BLM or Antifa march.
Maybe the time isn't right. But when will it be the right time. I'm getting sick and tried of these thugs getting away with murder, looting, and destroying stuff.

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
You are correct to a point, The problem these days is that the leftists have already proven that they cannot be placated, satisfied, whatever, with ANY answer from the rest of us. Given that, despite their noise, there are plenty more of us than there are of them, the time will come when we finally, FINALLY, have had enough and "we" get even more aggressive toward them as they've been to us. And that's about as descriptive as I care to be.
I keep hearing sentiments like that. "...the time will come..." If the time has not come already, with all that has happened, I am starting to think it will not come. What would it take? Riots in the streets? Assassinations? People being silenced for speaking their minds? The police no longer answering the call of duty? All of that has already happened. So when will the time come? What will it take?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts

You don't know much about anything is what I can gather.

My statements are in reference to actual dealings with people. I don't mention race because it does not matter. I've heard the same statements made about people of all skin colors. They are simple observations, and widely known truths. I'm not some super insightful person, I'm a person who works in an environment with many young people. I've seen thousands of kids go through my school district. I can see the obvious things, and come to simple conclusions. Less than 5% of the kids are problem kids and they tend to be far more similar than different.

Weed is a gateway drug. Using it means many things, and not one of them is good. Recreational drug use isn't all rosy and harmless like people think. The opposite is true. The habitual weed users are not good people. They are people who make series of stupid choices. That's been the rule in an overwhelming majority of cases of high schoolers.

My experience in life tells me Trayvon Martin was a thug. He was walking the path of uselessness and crime. He was not a full fledged member of the life, but he was getting there. He was making all the wrong choices which would lead him to one destination. Just another criminal working the streets.

Any legal issues George Zimmerman had prior to that day are not important. He was not a person who committed any serious crime causing him to be unable to exercise basic rights. You are choosing to ignore that FACT. He had a CC permit because he was not a criminal. If I am ignoring facts (or treating them as unimportant because I can properly judge their relevance), but you ignoring the most important one, what does that say about you?

·
Registered
321 Posts
You don't know much about anything is what I can gather.

My statements are in reference to actual dealings with people. I don't mention race because it does not matter. I've heard the same statements made about people of all skin colors. They are simple observations, and widely known truths. I'm not some super insightful person, I'm a person who works in an environment with many young people. I've seen thousands of kids go through my school district. I can see the obvious things, and come to simple conclusions. Less than 5% of the kids are problem kids and they tend to be far more similar than different.

Weed is a gateway drug. Using it means many things, and not one of them is good. Recreational drug use isn't all rosy and harmless like people think. The opposite is true. The habitual weed users are not good people. They are people who make series of stupid choices. That's been the rule in an overwhelming majority of cases of high schoolers.

My experience in life tells me Trayvon Martin was a thug. He was walking the path of uselessness and crime. He was not a full fledged member of the life, but he was getting there. He was making all the wrong choices which would lead him to one destination. Just another criminal working the streets.

Any legal issues George Zimmerman had prior to that day are not important. He was not a person who committed any serious crime causing him to be unable to exercise basic rights. You are choosing to ignore that FACT. He had a CC permit because he was not a criminal. If I am ignoring facts (or treating them as unimportant because I can properly judge their relevance), but you ignoring the most important one, what does that say about you?
You didn't have to mention race. It's clear that it's plays a part when you all call the minority a thug for smoking weed and got in trouble at school the thug, but none of you called or brought up the VIOLENT criminal record of Zimmerman. If you all were "fair and balanced" , I would not have commented, but you all are not. Only pretend to be. Thug is a criminally violent person, and only one person has a criminally violent record, yet the person without a violent record is the thug? It makes no sense, and no matter how much you try to talk around your illogical stance, I'm not buying it.

Anything can be a getaway drug from cigarettes, to achohol, to weed, to prescription pills, etc. The truth is MJ isn't anywhere near as bad or has the same negative effects that all alcohol, ciggerates, and even prescription meds. The facts are that the majority of Americans either support legalization and/or smoke weed. Furthermore, according to the cdc and several other independent studies I looked up, weed is NOT a gateway drug, and the overwhelming majority of those who smoke weed (tend of millions of Americans alone) do not go one to do harder drugs.

·
Registered
321 Posts
What matters is what happened at the time of the incident. However, the Media and Left were pushing the notion that Trayvon Martin was a sweet, innocent kid on his way back from buying Skittles and that was not the case. They did this to change the narrative and further the racial tension and divide in the country. I doubt they gave a damn about Martin himself, but it was the perfect opportunity to push the race baiting to a new high...which it did.

We can sit around and say nothing, being afraid of the Left while they divide us more, or we can stand up and fight back by pointing out their hypocrisy and desire to destroy the country.

I want the races to come together and say, "ENOUGH" ...we are Americans and we will remain Americans despite what ANTIFA (largely a white group) BLM, the Liberal Left and George Soros backed organizations want to do to the country.

If they ever get control, everyone will suffer no matter what their race or ethnicity.

It is NOT "both sides" it is one side attempting to take down the country and the other side attempting to stop them.
It's both sides. I have liberals in my family as well as friends, co-workers, etc. I read and listen to liberal and conservative media as well. Both sides are full of it. They both use the same tactics (Other than rioting) and are guilty of what they're accusing the other side of doing... For example, Fox News, Breitbart, Conservative talk shows, Conservative social media, firearm forums, etc has and still does ALSO post stories where a minority or liberal is the aggressor and the victim is a conservative or black. They to play the same game the liberal media plays. Liberals will also do what's being down here as far as ignore or downplay the negative facts about they side while overstating the other side's short comings...

I agree that Martin was a choir boy. I agree with most of what you stated. What I took issue with was with the one-sided bias of some of the other post, and I explained why.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
@APX-9M Like I said, your actual experience in dealing with people, and these specific problems, is limited. Even your definition of thug allows for ethnicity to be a non-factor. I call a duck a duck because that is what it is. Ducks, like thugs, come in all sorts of colors.

I already debunked your lies about George Zimmerman and his past. You can lie to yourself, but not to me. The truth is what it is, and your beliefs are not aligned with the truth.

First you say anything can be a gateway to hard drugs, then you say marijuana isn't one. Which statement is true?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts