Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much info but I wonder but it makes me wonder if it was like an incident some years ago when someone loaded several guns on different vendor tables, fortunately they were discovered before anyone was shot.

·
Registered
852 Posts
"A Texas gun show attendee was minding her own business Saturday when she was suddenly struck in the foot with a bullet." Who writes these things? Ever hear of someone slowly being struck with a bullet? Or gradually being struck?

Considering the poster's comment, I hope all firearms in the building were checked. And if any found loaded, it was unloaded with gloves and fingerprints taken. If someone was carrying a loaded firearm, I expect that will be the last gun show he or she gets into.

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
"A Texas gun show attendee was minding her own business Saturday when she was suddenly struck in the foot with a bullet." Who writes these things? Ever hear of someone slowly being struck with a bullet? Or gradually being struck?

Considering the poster's comment, I hope all firearms in the building were checked. And if any found loaded, it was unloaded with gloves and fingerprints taken. If someone was carrying a loaded firearm, I expect that will be the last gun show he or she gets into.
Maybe the bullet just fell off the table and hit her in the foot.

·
Premium Member
5,484 Posts
I'm sure the incident will be well publicized in the liberal media, and it would not surprise me if you are correct, Havok.

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
12,758 Posts
This is why I no longer go to gun shows. On one hand, they won't allow you to have a loaded EDC, which should have nothing to do with the show. The EDC should stay safely holstered at all times. But they effectively create a "gun free zone" at an event where guns are being sold. On the other hand, yahoos attend these events who don't know how to handle guns safely. They are a small minority, but it only takes one.

An additional turn-off is that at least at the shows around here, the prices are not all that good. And another: At the shows around here, there is always a big table selling Nazi memorabilia and T-shirts. I have no problem with the memorabilia for historical purposes, but they display things in a way that seems to glorify the Nazis, which I think is in bad taste and not the best message to send in current environment. And the press always makes a visit.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Last gun show I was at all the firearms had chamber locks on them. At least those coming in. First thing one does when picking up a firearm is to check the chamber and safety.

·
Premium Member
6,520 Posts
Whew! That headline sure got my attention, since I went to a gun show yesterday!

Glad to see that it didn't happen here, but it just as easily could have.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I was in a pawn shop looking at coins one time and the salesman said, "I have something that might interest you". He handed me a 25 caliber Raven. I checked the chamber and it was loaded. I've seen guys pick up guns and pull the trigger, including a cop at the gun range who was renting one. Never even checked to see if it was loaded before pointing it at me and pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
This is why I no longer go to gun shows. On one hand, they won't allow you to have a loaded EDC, which should have nothing to do with the show. The EDC should stay safely holstered at all times. But they effectively create a "gun free zone" at an event where guns are being sold. On the other hand, yahoos attend these events who don't know how to handle guns safely. They are a small minority, but it only takes one.

An additional turn-off is that at least at the shows around here, the prices are not all that good. And another: At the shows around here, there is always a big table selling Nazi memorabilia and T-shirts. I have no problem with the memorabilia for historical purposes, but they display things in a way that seems to glorify the Nazis, which I think is in bad taste and not the best message to send in current environment. And the press always makes a visit.
I always find it hard to focus on items at Gun Shows, my eyes are always searching out the fools who may be there or the evil that sometimes shows up to cause mayhem (really miss that "Mayhem" commercial it was so true!). I expect to protect myself and family and a portion of gun show attendee's don't have a lot of experience with guns.

The one thing I agree on with Democrats, there are a lot of people who shouldn't have access to firearms nor reproduce, drive cars..., BUT until they actually DO something I'll defend their right to have them. Because freedom has its price, one of which is our suffering fools, until they actually do something bad enough to warrant their loss of freedom.
I'll not give away my rights nor the rights of our citizenry just to avoid the actions of fools.

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
Worked part-time at a pawn shop over 10 years. Regular customer came in to pawn a Browning A5...boss wrote it up and handed it to me to take to the back...I flipped the magazine disconnect and unloaded 4 shells...he was astonished...didn't know it worked that way. I went into the back and checked every gun we had in pawn...7 were partially or fully loaded.
In a N. Dallas gunshop one morning...twin counters and I watched a clerk at the next counter over hand customer a gun to look at...customer DID aim at the ceiling and jack the slide...and a round plopped out on the glass counter.
The more some folks handle guns, the more careless they get. I ALWAYS open the action before I hand one over...and immediately upon being handed one. Well worth the effort.

·
Premium Member
38,349 Posts
With hundreds of millions of guns and over a hundred million gun owners in this country, I believe the rarity of such incidents is testament to how gun safety conscious we are as a nation. These events happen so rarely that when they do happen, they make the news cycles.

·
Registered
43,704 Posts

The instructor in one of my writing courses said, "Never ever use 'once upon a time' nor 'suddenly' in a paper you turn in to me." So me being me, I wrote a short story using "once upon a time" and "suddenly" throughout. I think she went through a box of red markers on it.

·
Registered
12,758 Posts
The instructor in one of my writing courses said, "Never ever use 'once upon a time' nor 'suddenly' in a paper you turn in to me." So me being me, I wrote a short story using "once upon a time" and "suddenly" throughout. I think she went through a box of red markers on it.
You should have thrown in the infamous, "It was a dark and stormy night..."

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
I have never understood what motivates someone to just pick up a gun point it at something and then pull the trigger. It's like, what are you expecting to happen when you do so? Are you expecting it to fire? If so, then what is it that you are planning on shooting? Do you expect it to not fire? Well then why are you bothering to pull the trigger? Some people are just idiots.

·
Premium Member
9,083 Posts
I just searched several novels, including a number of Cormac McCarthy novels. Suddenly I realized suddenly is used often by many accomplished authors.

There are no black letter rules for prose, except, perhaps, to write in your own voice.

And how the hell did we get into prose critique on a gun forum????

·
Registered
43,704 Posts
I just searched several novels, including a number of Cormac McCarthy novels. Suddenly I realized suddenly is used often by many accomplished authors.

There are no black letter rules for prose, except, perhaps, to write in your own voice.

And how the hell did we get into prose critique on a gun forum????
Blame it on Sixto.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
the whole purpose of this news story to to promote an anti-gun agenda......
gun show!!!!!
woman shot!!!!!
signs/regulations ignored by gun owners!!!!!.....(ok, i will give them that one)....but as a major "news"?

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
I have never understood what motivates someone to just pick up a gun point it at something and then pull the trigger. It's like, what are you expecting to happen when you do so? Are you expecting it to fire? If so, then what is it that you are planning on shooting? Do you expect it to not fire? Well then why are you bothering to pull the trigger? Some people are just idiots.
You answered your own question. :)

·
Premium Member
38,349 Posts
I wonder, has anyone, ever been struck by a bullet less than suddenly?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts