Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious, if I get a license from another part of New York State, would it be valid in New York City?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yea, the license process for an NYC carry permit is NOT fun, very long, must be a resident, letters stating REASON you NEED to carry a handgun, etc etc. Basically if you arent bl***ng the mayor and you are not covered under LEOSA (which I THINK is honored in NYC? Knowing them, it might not be) you aint gonna get it... Unless someone knows something I have not found.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yea, the license process for an NYC carry permit is NOT fun, very long, must be a resident, letters stating REASON you NEED to carry a handgun, etc etc. Basically if you arent bl***ng the mayor and you are not covered under LEOSA (which I THINK is honored in NYC? Knowing them, it might not be) you aint gonna get it... Unless someone knows something I have not found.

You got it right. that state is a crap hole and needs to be anexed along with NJ and commiefornia.:twak:

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
NYC is its own little Russia...so to speak!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
New York state permit not valid in NYC nor any other foreign countries.

·
Registered
469 Posts
There is more than 1 permit for NYC too. I believe there are 3 or 4 TYPES of permits, all for different places that you can carry relevant to WHAT you do for a living and a bunch of other garbage...
~Steve

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
NYC Mayor Michael Bloomturd, a RINO Republican, has the buget and time to send his rats and spies to our gun shows to pester people and try to close those "loopholes" for his poopholes.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Look at your license.....

Look on your license....somewhere it says 'not valid in NYC unless endorsed by Commisioner of Police', as if that was gonna' happen!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Quote from the back of my NYS permit:

This license is issued under the following conditions:
1. Except for retired police officers, not valid in New York City unless approved by the Police Commissioner of that city.
2. Revocable at any time. The licensee is authorized to possess and carry the following pistols:

<list of my pistols>
That said, I do know someone who has an unrestricted NYC carry permit - and he has no political connections. He got it because he truly meets the guidelines for getting a permit.

What most people don't realize is that NYC DOES have an unrestricted carry permit, but the guidelines are strict and the one that usually catches people out is the one about necessarily having large amounts (I've heard $10K is the minimum to be considered) of cash on your person for legal reasons.

In this guy's case, he owns a few cash businesses in Brooklyn including 3 laundry-mats and 2 car-washes, which means that on cash-pickup-day, he can find himself driving around with thousands of dollars in cash.

He's definitely a rarity though, that's for sure.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Quote from the back of my NYS permit:

That said, I do know someone who has an unrestricted NYC carry permit - and he has no political connections. He got it because he truly meets the guidelines for getting a permit.

What most people don't realize is that NYC DOES have an unrestricted carry permit, but the guidelines are strict and the one that usually catches people out is the one about necessarily having large amounts (I've heard $10K is the minimum to be considered) of cash on your person for legal reasons.

In this guy's case, he owns a few cash businesses in Brooklyn including 3 laundry-mats and 2 car-washes, which means that on cash-pickup-day, he can find himself driving around with thousands of dollars in cash.

He's definitely a rarity though, that's for sure.
NY Mets player David Wright was denied his CCW permit by NYC. And he's from a police family so he has a lot of experience with guns. And is one of the most famous people in New York..... When I heard he was denied I figured no one could ever get it....

However I do know a person who has one, he works for a jewel dealer and is constantly around and transporting diamonds and other jewels. He carries two Glocks at all times.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Why does every one of these threads asking a NY permit question turn into a NY bash-fest?

Aren't these threads supposed to be kept on topic?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Please bash NY. I live in upstate under the yolk of the downstate politicians. I hate every minute of it. And did I mention the taxes...

Jim

·
Registered
243 Posts
After NRA/McDonald v. City of Chicago

Whatever the rules in Bloomyville are now, wait till after this case is worked over by the Supremes.

Me thinks the next morning the attack by Gura will be on the Sullivan law.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts