Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my eyes on a S&W 642 for a BUG. I have seen one at a local gun shop with a Crimson Trace laser on it. I wonder if it would be a benefit or a liability? Insight into the matter would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I have my eyes on a S&W 642 for a BUG. I have seen one at a local gun shop with a Crimson Trace laser on it. I wonder if it would be a benefit or a liability? Insight into the matter would be appreciated.
Im a little confused. What would be a liablity? The laser? Carrying a BUG?

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
If you're talking about the CT grips, benefit. I have them on my S&W 340. How could they be a liability? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
In the heat of battle (which may come upon you in seconds) a laser may not be needed, just some point shooting experience.
The S&W itself (a 642) could be a great asset. OMO:yup:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I've been wanting a 642 as a BUG for a while. Nice snubbie!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for not clarifying my question. This was in reference to the laser, not carrying a bug. I am all for a bug. My thoughts are at night in a dark house would the laser reveal my position?

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Sorry for not clarifying my question. This was in reference to the laser, not carrying a bug. I am all for a bug. My thoughts are at night in a dark house would the laser reveal my position?
The beam is generally not visible unless there is a lot of dust or smoke in the air.

All my defensive handuns have CT lasers.:hand10:

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have the SW 642 (Power port) and I love it! The gun is so light and it carrys so well that you have no idea it is there.

I do not have the CT grips, I dont know how I feel about them yet..

But as far as the gun goes its great!

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
Was shooting 2 weeks ago with a friend that has them on his M&P 40SC. We started out point shooting and then when he started using the laser his time from draw to first shot went up. I guess he spent a second or two looking for the laser on the target instead of point shooting.

They are a tool and like any other tool they are sometimes useful and sometimes not.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
I am no fan of the laser... I would much rather see somebody buy a regular snub and really learn the gun with the money saved on the laser.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts