Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what is a small semi that I can carry in my pocket. I want one with as much punch as possible and no jamming problems like I have had with some small handguns. Durability, Reliability, is what I seek. Give me some direction old wisdom gun owners.:wave:

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
The smaller the pistol, the more likely you will run into problems. This becomes more true as you factor in poweful ammo choices. The best I have found is the Kahr PM9 or MK9. I've had my PM9 for about 5 years now.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
+1 on a PM9 in your pocket. It's my EDC and often carried in my pocket. The MK9 may be a little heavy for daily pocket carrying IMO.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I think I am one of the few people left that doesn't have an LCP. The only problem other than the recall that I know about personally was my brother in laws mag release didn't hold the mag in position which would cause the gun to not fire. Fixed under warranty. Most folks think the 380 is at the bottom end of the acceptable power range. An automatic pocket pistol caliber much larger than 380 would be a hand full. There are probably some 9mm good for pocket carry, I am not familar with them though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Wondering what is a small semi that I can carry in my pocket. I want one with as much punch as possible and no jamming problems like I have had with some small handguns. Durability, Reliability, is what I seek. Give me some direction old wisdom gun owners.:wave:
If durability and reliability are what you seek, then why not look at a small revolver like a j-frame? Why limit yourself to semi-auto?

·
Registered
115 Posts
An automatic that won't jam? My Glock 23 jammed last week and my 19 misfired two days ago. Any automatic can be a problem sooner or later. Many are willing to potentially sacrifice dependability in a gunfight for the sake of more available rounds. That you'll have to decide for yourself. But don't ask for a completely dependable automatic. It doesn't exist.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have you looked at the Kahr KP9093, CZ 2075, S&W 908 ? And depending on how small you may need.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
Sig P238 would be my choice. Good luck

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
My Seecamp has served well for over twenty years. Solid stainless steel, reliable, simple, tiny and light. It serves the pocket gun user faithfully.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
A wheel gun, any J frame S&W.
An auto. Kel-Tec .380 or PF9 or P11
An oldie but goodie, a Hi-Standard .22 mag. derringer:hand5:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
How small do you need? I pocket carry a G26 almost everyday... can't get much more potent than that...
My other favorites are a J-frame (642) and a Kahr CW9...

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
My normal EDC is a Glock-36, but for concealed pocket carry, I either take my KelTec P-3AT, or my S&W 636 (the hammer is not a problem).:22a:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have a PM9, a Glock 26 and a J Frame Smith (642)...not to mention a LCP and others......if you are "overly" worried about jamming, then a semi should not be the choice a revolver should be...but understand you are sacrificing size and capacity...and that is fine if the situation warrants.

I personally are fine with a high quality semi such as Glock or Kahr....or Ruger or a revolver like a S&W.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts