Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excited. Just brought home my brand new not so shiny pistol permit thanks to the Houston County Sheriff for pushing it through so fast! I only applied Tuesday!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Congrats! I'll be happy if I get mine in SC before Thanksgiving. I'll probably get the Utah permit before I get the SC permit.

Now I'm all depressed.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Wow that was fast. Congrats and be safe.

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club, it's whole new world out there.

Carry safe and carry often.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all!Having a retired officer for an uncle that know's the sheriff admittedly hastened the process :D. I've found that appendix carry is the most invisible way i can holster this thing for now for those of you who had seen my concerns with printing!Time for work with a new feeling of safety.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Congrats!! I have three of those bad boy just in case I go out of the state.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Three? Wow. I know Florida and Georgia recognize Alabama's pistol permit. And being I'm about 15 minutes from the state line if both that's convenient. Do you guys recommend getting multiple?

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Three? Wow. I know Florida and Georgia recognize Alabama's pistol permit. And being I'm about 15 minutes from the state line if both that's convenient. Do you guys recommend getting multiple?
I got a FL nonresident permit after I got my TX CHL because A) it was easy to do, just paperwork and pay them B) I travel to FL 2-3 times a year so I figured I may as well have their permit C) It is valid in a couple more states than the TX one is.

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Wish Texas had a carry law when I lived there in the early 90's......needed it.

Congrats on the new license....promise us you will NEVER leave the house without it and....... your gun.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Zonker I believe that is a promise I can keep. I got a gun small enough I wouldn't have trouble wearing it frequently. Just spoke to a local sheriff who was off duty. He didn't notice anything, or didn't say anything! Gave me a lot more confidence in my level of concealment.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Excited. Just brought home my brand new not so shiny pistol permit thanks to the Houston County Sheriff for pushing it through so fast! I only applied Tuesday!
And that's how simple it should be. Actually, it should be no CHL permissions process at all, to exercise our rights. But there it is.

Congrats on the newfound responsibilities. :eek:k:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks! I agree no one should have to jump through hoops just to get a permit. Odd thing is Alabama is a may issue state and seems to have a pretty relaxed and streamlined process for this.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts