Defensive Carry banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Referencing this thread, my NV non res permit showed up today. Has me listed for revolver carry and my Baby Eagle.

Applied on 11-10-09, approved on 11-30-09, exp 11-30-14.

Good for 31 states now.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new permit... :congrats: Always nice to add extra states...

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
Congrats on the extra permit.:congrats:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Congrats!

So how much and did you have to visit NV to apply and if so where in NV did you apply? Just curious, but not worth it for me, I wouldn't get any additional states other than NV with my PA and UT. It may be worth it if you go to Las Vegas or Reno yearly. UT permit holders use to have NV until this year.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Congratulations! That was a fantastic turnaround time. Where did you apply? Clark County has a reputation of taking all of the 120 days allowed by law, an sometimes even longer. Mine took 3 months when I got mine 3 days ago. Did you apply in Clark County (Vegas), Washoe County (Reno), or another sheriff's office?

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats!

So how much and did you have to visit NV to apply and if so where in NV did you apply? Just curious, but not worth it for me, I wouldn't get any additional states other than NV with my PA and UT...
A NV non res would get you KS.

Yes, the only way to get a NV non res is to go to NV and take the class and apply in person. Read this thread http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/concealed-carry-issues-discussions/90729-applied-nv-non-res-permit-first-time-air-travel-w-firearm.html

Congratulations! That was a fantastic turnaround time. Where did you apply? Clark County has a reputation of taking all of the 120 days allowed by law, an sometimes even longer. Mine took 3 months when I got mine 3 days ago. Did you apply in Clark County (Vegas), Washoe County (Reno), or another sheriff's office?
I applied at the Clark County CCW detail in LV. I was told just the opposite when I applied, Clark County has a fast turn around time, unless that is just for the non res applicants...which does not really sound fair, but I am not complaining.

Now I need to decide if I want to maybe visit WA or SC (the difference between UT and FL) in the future. I'd like to see the northern west coast sometime. Not much desire to go much farther north on the east side than GA, and that is a stretch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts