Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I need a little help with the following questions:

Which states have a one gun a month law?

Which states that have a waiting period are exempt from that waiting period if a person has a CCL?

Which states require a "permit to own" before you can buy a handgun (i.e. The Illinois FOID)?

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
I believe NJ has a 1 gun per month law that was passed this year. Virginia has 1 gun per month, unless you hold a CHP, with a CHP no limit on the number you can buy.

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
I believe NJ has a 1 gun per month law that was passed this year. Virginia has 1 gun per month, unless you hold a CHP, with a CHP no limit on the number you can buy.
I believe Virginia is one handgun per month, no restriction on long guns. CHP has no limit, that is correct.

·
Super Moderator
18,515 Posts
North Carolina requires a “permit to purchase” obtainable from your local Sheriff to purchase handguns and crossbows but it is waived if you have a CCW. No waiting period or one gun a month limit.

·
Registered
125 Posts
With NC, the only wait is the time to get the permit. Luckily they passed a law last year that CCHer's can use their CCH to bypass this. I do think there's technically a 5 day wait between purchases? Correct me if I'm wrong on this guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts