Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently carry a Sig p250 c 40,but because I sometimes have to dress a little more professional at work I would like to find something that I can conceal while wearing my boots or behind the back under a coat.
Any input greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Well I like pocket guns and have several. A 642 or a glock 43 work best for me. Mileage will very.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
869 Posts
Since you already like Sig handguns, have you thought about either the P239 or the P938?

The P239 is still available in 40 S&W, but with the P038 you would be moving down to the 9mm, it is also based on the 1911 which may or may not be a good thing depending on your preferences.

Either one can be carried in a pocket holster or ankle holster.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Maybe a Bersa Thunder .380?

Reactions: rcsoftexas

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
I currently carry a Sig p250 c 40,but because I sometimes have to dress a little more professional at work I would like to find something that I can conceal while wearing my boots or behind the back under a coat.
Any input greatly appreciated.
I retired my P250 9mm. It is compact only by name as are most double stacks. I'll carry a FS 5" 1911 on occasion but when I need something smaller I carry a PPS. The M2 version is nice. Single Stack is going to be best for concealment. You might also consider an S&W Shield or a Ruger LC9s Pro. Another good option would be a Sig 938. If you need something even smaller, the LCP II or the Sig P238 are very concealable.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Your criteria is what I use my PPK/s for. I've had that little 380 for almost 40 years and find no need to replace it.
Behind the back, pocket, shouldered, it tucks away so well you'll almost forget it's there. Under a sport coat my preferred carry method is in a Galco executive.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
When I'm tucking a shirt into dress pants; I reach for my G42 and wear it IWB at 4 o'clock 9 times out of ten.

It's light.
It's thin.
It prints less than any other gun I have.

It's also very easy to empty the mag on target. It's virtually got zero recoil! This is not a blowback weapon. Moreover, though not that much bigger than an LCP, it is just enough bigger that you can handle the thing. Of course, that lack of recoil is also because it's a .380. If you can live with that, give it a try.

Just so you know, I bought all kinds of single stack 9's to wear when I went to work. I love them all and they work. But not one of the nines comes close to the G42 with respect to ease of carry. The Beretta Nano bless it's little heart was close, and I might be singing it's praises if it didn't act like such a cow and jam up all the time. Yeah, bar none, the G42 is one easy carrying little pistol. I carry it often.

·
Premium Member
5,481 Posts
The only pocket pistol I've ever shot is the Ruger LCP. I think it's an outstanding pistol. Two local LEO friends carry them as back ups.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
A business suit easily conceals any single stack handgun. You really have no reason to carry less than a 9mm. S&W shield, or if you really to go ful 007 sexy, a PPS in a kydex holster will be comfortable and secure.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
need pics of "dress a little more professional while wearing boots "

edit to add: never mind I didn't realize you're in Texas, a 1911 will be right at home at 3:30 then, keep a sport jacket on, or better a black suit white shirt AKA Texas ranger. :smile:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Always like my LCP second gen for pocket carry. You can hide that thing all over. I know some people think thier too "snappy", just dont tell my 14yr old who was knocking bowling pins off the table at 7 yards today.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts