Defensive Carry banner

Would you loan a weapon to a neighbor during a period of civil unrest?

• Yes, I would definitely loan a weapon to someone who I know well.

Votes: 45 47.9%
  • No, I would not loan a weapon to anyone under any circumstances.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • Other?

Votes: 20 21.3%

• Total voters
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
The neighbors that I would trust are already armed and the the neighbors that might ask me have no fire arm experience. Of those unarmed, some have told me point blank that they "would run to my house" in a dangerous situation. I wouldn't trust these people with a fire arm.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
I have lived in Utah for over 40 years, and I don't belong to the Church of Latter Day Saints. Folks like me are referred to as "gentiles" Most of my neighbors are LDS/Mormon. I love my neighbors' you won't find a group of finer people. One of my LDS neighbors carries concealed and has a 22 rifle all do to my urging. The other neighbors are unarmed. Another note on my LDS neighbors is a 2 year supply of food required by the church. I have made a deal with my neighbors, if we have civil unrest/ break down of society and so on, I become the gentile war lord of the neighborhood providing protection and they share their food. It is a win win solution if you ask me. So yes I would lend a weapon to a neighbor.

·
Registered
430 Posts
you don't know where that person's loyalties are. You could just as easily find yourself looking down the barrel of that gun .
I live on a corner and my immediate neighbor is an A-hole. His house can burn as far as I'm concerned. I don't know my other neighbors and that's fine with me. I voted No for the above reason.

Unless the civil unrest is sudden and extremely large, I'm bugging out beforehand with my weapons/ammo to a position with like minded and armed people.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Yes, but only to 1 particular neighbor, the rest would be a NO.

We each moved into our new houses next door, days apart of each other, 39 years ago. All other home owners on the block have come & gone over the years, don’t know them well enough to qualify.

I know he has a revolver he showed me long ago, that is likely all he has ... & he knows I carry.

If the level of unrest reaches the point that he & I are standing back-to-back, fighting off the Zombies & all he has is his 6 shooter, then yes, I will have “spares” available to him to help keep us both in the fight.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts