·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well..would you ?

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Have 1, since 1990 . Great shooter, used it for .22 smallbore competition.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I have a 22/45 for my needs but - buddy and his wife I shoot pins with - have one each. IIRC around the $200 mark and that seems a reasonable price for NIB.

I like them and would not feel unhappy to have one. Those have been great and reliable. We all find Fed Champion ammo suits best BTW - his guns and mine.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rugers are so heavy though..if I'm going to carry something that heavy I'll opt for a larger caliber

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm currently considering one as my next purchase. I tried out a Buck Mark standard 5.5 vs a Ruger Mark III Hunter at the local range a couple weeks ago. No serious complaints about either one. Liked the 5.5" barrel better than the 6 7/8", and preferred the standard sights to the fiber optic. Not sure what to think of the new safety features on the Ruger.

I plan to use it for squirrel, plinking, and maybe some target shooting. Kinda leaning toward a Buck Mark Field 5.5, vs a Ruger Mark III 5.5 stainless.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
People in my area pass them over for the Rugers... Mags are expensive, and the quality seems not up to Browning standards. They coment on the finish of the Brownings..........
Rugers are heavy, BUT ya can't beat the Customer Service dept at Ruger...Takes a LONG time to get Brownings and Smiths fixed.. not to mention the $$$ too.. even if you're a day out of Warranty.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I opted for a Ruger 22/45 myself.... cost efficient and parts galore if needed...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts