Defensive Carry banner

would you buy a Rock Island Armory .45 ?

• yes

Votes: 35 66.0%
  • yeah..sold it

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • yes and I still have it

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • no

Votes: 14 26.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would you buy a Rock Island Armory .45 ?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I'm looking at one now.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Not me but I here they are good guns at a great price. Excellent entry 1911.

Ti.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
If so inclined yes - they would certainly get my consideration. I hear mostly OK stuff and little bad.

Such a choice out there tho for 1911 platforms - almost glad I am not having to make up my mind right now!

That said - this board is probably one of the best places to whittle down a choice - so much first hand experience and good info - and much with a useful and strong practical bias too.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Sure, why not. they seem to run ok for most.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Maybe a used one that I had fired a few mags through....
Also resale is always a factor in the firearms I buy, so that would definitely play a role....

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
you bet ! maybe in .38 super...hmmmmmmm.... (rubbin' chin)

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
artz said:
you bet ! maybe in .38 super...hmmmmmmm.... (rubbin' chin)
Here ya Go RIA 38 super

one thing makes it nice is you wont find any 1911 38 super for anywhere near this price...

This one had been flawless

·
Registered
248 Posts
Bought one, one problem after another. Fit and finish was poor and some parts were not compatible with standard 1911 parts.
I sold it at a major loss. Maybe I just got a lemon but I will never buy another Philippine gun.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Phil Elmore said:

This Rock Island Arms .45 is my daily carry piece.
Are you really carrying Ball ammo in it (picture). I know it works just a lot better choices today rather than Ball.
I am not worried about overpenteration of ball in 45 thats more myth than fact. (9mm ball different story )Just HP does more damage even if fails to open Just a question not looking for a Ball verses HP battle

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
I saw one today at a gun show in Montgomery, AL for $339 new in box. Yes, Artz, it was a .45 ACP. I saw others at tables from smaller dealers from $359 to $429. I was shopping for something else, but you can bet the $339 gave me reason to pause and ponder long and hard.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
good shootin pistols............no problems I'ver heard of with em

·
Registered
66 Posts
I voted wrong. I should have voted "had one, sold it"

I had an RIA Commander. The grip safety would not work properly to allow it to fire. I've had Springfields, Colts, Kimbers, S&W 1911s, the RIA was the only one that ever did that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts