Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another one of them wild semi asleep thoughts...

If you could legally own and carry say a Glock 18 or Beretta 93R Would you :uzi:

I mean granted i know this one is a bit out there but what if you run into say a Zombie Mutant undead bear ya might need that kind of Firepower.. Or say a dawn of the dead resident evil type thing.

Yes i know i have to much time on my hands i suffer from mild insomina so in the half awake half asleep state i get soem funky thoughts and Dreams ...

But in the End would ya ? I think i would maybe not all the time just when i have to go to detroit or inkster for work

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
No. It's about shot placement, not spray and pray.

Not to mention the fact that I'd get sued for civil liability something fierce if I ever did have to use it.

Not to mention it would cost so darn much, and I wouldn't want to have to clean and maintain any full auto piece. I think if I wanted to buy one I should have that freedom, but even if I did I wouldn't.

Plus full auto fire takes a whole new level of training I'm not ready to tackle just yet.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont forget that both have da switch and can be shot semi auto .. Again its all in fun and a goofy question .

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
nope . Imagine the field day a attourney would have with ya carrying a FA.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Hmmm. Interesting. I might carry it, but not shoot it that way. In the military I had full auto, but only shot in that mode for quals and for fun to burn ammo. When we were doing serious stuff I never used full auto. Conserve ammo and get good hits is what they taught us.

I guess it's like carrying the S&W 500 mag concealed. Would I? Yep, if for no other reason than to do it. Would I do it regularly, not likely. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
18,099 Posts
No.

Have you ever shot a full auto Glock ?

I have. Although they are immensly FUN, its hard to keep all of the shots on a B27 target if you are more then 10 yards away.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Yes, I'd love a M11 in .380 or a M11/9 for late night service calls when I have to reboot the server and clear the building at the same time.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
I'd like to have one, I wouldn't carry it. Rocky said it best....

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Nope, I know I can control an M16 carbine chambered in 9mm as well as an MP5/40 as well as an MP5/9 and keep all my rounds in the thoracic cavity region (out to the 20yd line), but the thought of an errant round would prevent me from doing so. I am happy with my 1911 and a spare mag or two.

~A

·
Registered
484 Posts
I would LOVE one of the ultra rare fully transferable select fire CZ75s, with the spare mag foregrip. I could never ever afford it, but it would be a blast. Yes, I would carry it, especially after having a good smith creat a fold down foregrip for it, (slot in the same spot as the mag base plate), and some 19 round SP01 mags, or the factory 25rounders. Don't think I could conceal to well, though, unless it's raining, and I can wear my East German raincoat/trenchcoat.....;)

·
Banned
693 Posts
One of my friends is a Class III dealer. I was very stoked when I shot a full-auto weapon for the first time.

However, it's like an automatic knife--fun for an afternoon. And then you have to reload all of those empties. Yikes, I never see the sun! All I would do is sit in the gunroom and pull the handle on the Dillon...

I also believe in shot placement.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The "grocery bill" for my semi-autos is high enough. I don't think I could afford to keep a full auto properly nourished.

SSKC

·
Registered
742 Posts
No.

Have not shot the Glock, but son has. Have seen the 93 shot, no desire.

Have owned and shot Macs in 380 and 45, all H&Ks, several rifles, and a belt fed.Sold the last one I had a year ago. Fun, but not practical.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I enjoy shooting them. I've shot the Glock 18 and would not discount it for certain situations...But not for everyday carry.

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
I've had the pleasure of being legally able to carry a full auto weapon. I had a License to Possess a Machinegun issued from, of all Sates, Massachusetts. I had it from 1977 to 1993 and then moved to NH. I've been a FFL 01 and 03 dealer, so I've had my option to pick up a lotta toys. I've carried a MAC 10 in 45, MP5K, and the A3 models, but I've had the pleasure of shooting both a Glock 18 and Beretta 93R <the latter being very controlable> It's all about shot placement and being able to control burst fire. <I can get my Mac to fire 3 shot bursts with complete control.>

1 - 20 of 126 Posts