Votes: 35 32.7%
  • NO

Votes: 72 67.3%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,238 Posts
But the amusing story is that one time we were game-on in the woods and someone yelled out to stop the game. This was only supposed to happen if someone was injured. We all converged on the area where the call came from and what happened was that someone came across a really big rattlesnake. We kept our distance, but he was coiled to strike, rattler going and everything. After a short discussion, we decided it would be best to kill it or it could be a further hazard. The SEALS and Marines beat feet back to their cars and returned with all kinds of artillery. It was like, "First one back gets the shot!" The first guy back was a SEAL with a 1911. He dispatched the snake with one to the head.

View attachment 301530
Speaking of Marines and rattlesnakes, look up "Death On a Sunny Afternoon" - a great video by the late Pat Rogers regarding another since-departed Gunsite instructor, Louis Awerbuck.

·
Registered
563 Posts
No, particularly since every such venue has very strict rules against actual firearms on the playing field.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Maybe they've changed in the 5 or 10 years since I last picked up a paintball gun, but last I knew paintball guns are totally different than the weapons most people carry for personal protection. I think you'd have to be an idiot of the highest order to get them mixed up. Even then I don't think it's possible. It would be like getting your 1911 mixed up with your garden sprayer. I think it's less risky to keep my weapon on my person during the game than keep it in a locker room or out in my vehicle.
Just one example. There are many others.

https://mcsus.com/blogs/archive/new-rap4-combat-training-paintball-pistols

·
Registered
2,790 Posts

·
Registered
33,980 Posts
My son used to be heavily into paintball. He'd come home looking like he'd gone hand-to-hand with nest of angry wasps. I thought the object was not to be shot but apparently not.

I wouldn't partake in the game myself. My temperament would be a disadvantage.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
We do not remove firearms for knife fighting class, which is very physical. We do trade real blades for training blades, but the guns stay on.

So, No I do not disarm for other activities.

I did disarm a grown man when I was a late teen in our local laser tag, he was creeping up on me, shielding his vest from hits with a barricade, as
he pied the corner I removed his pistol and shot him in the vest. He snitched on me like a little girl and everyone laughed at him.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Why would I give up my personal protection to play at mock-combat? If you are worried about confusing the two hand-held items.....well, nevermind I'm trying to be good today.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
ph my gosh.. I totally misread the post. I totally withdraw my YES vote. I would NOT carry during such an activity

·
Registered
82 Posts
The only place I don't carry a gun is in places that have metal detectors and I don't go where they have metal detectors unless I just absolutely have to.

I keep my gun in my pocket. Nobody is ever going to know I have a gun unless I have to use it. If I have to use it then I don't care who knows about it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you are participating in a recreational activity such as paintball, laser tag or a similar activity with non lethal items that look like firearms, would you conceal carry your pistol during that activity?
I'm just seeing this topic but I hope this was not a serious question? We've actually been dispatched to fight/disorderly calls at those Paint Ball complexes after tempers flared and crap happened. Intro a real firearm into this and one can only imagine what might happen.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Ignoring the possibility of accidentally drawing and using the firearm, still a no. Too much running around, rolling around, bumping into stuff. Too much chance of dumping it on the ground and losing it.

·
Premium Member
33,781 Posts
If you are participating in a recreational activity such as paintball, laser tag or a similar activity with non lethal items that look like firearms, would you conceal carry your pistol during that activity?
I generally don't participate in activities that require me to disarm.

Reactions: APX-9M and M1911A1

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Nope never

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Watching and hanging around...sure.

Shooting in? No, I wouldn't, and I am one of those guys that carries everywhere , almost all the time.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I did paintball once NEVER AGAIN!! The direct hits aren't bad but the near not so misses hurt!! I see both of these as "training" activities and the mixing of Non-lethal and live fire do not go together IMHO

·
Registered
233 Posts
Paintball guns aren’t carried in holsters so drawing the wrong one should be off the table. As far as tempers flaring, if your that guy you shouldn’t be carrying in the first place. As for myself, maybe...nobody but me would know either way.

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
I got quite enough of such stuff while being trained for operations with our SWAT teams. One Sgt always recounted a story that actually happened to a tactical paramedic in another jurisdiction we often trained with for joint operations, during one of their training exercises. The team was extremely thorough about searching and clearing all duty weapons of real ammo before the exercises, but someone missed one live round.

The medic happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and caught a ricochet below his vest. His injuries were such that he was forced to retire and then the agency didn't want to cover his continuing medical expenses. He ended up having to get a junk-yard dog law firm to represent him and took them to court. He won the case easily, but it ruined his memories of serving with that department - and almost took his life.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts