Defensive Carry banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
You have to be able to look at yourself in the mirror when you shave. I couldn't live with that kind of shame.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I just don't understand some of the responses. The man who intervened on behalf of the older gentleman did not shoot anyone. He only stopped the assault. If the attacker had been a LEO don't you suppose he would have made that fact known? Also, even the man being pummeled had done something to warrant such a violent reaction no one deserves to be beaten to death. So, what is the problem with stopping the carnage?
People like to use all sorts of colorful and emotion evoking words to describe what was happening to this old guy but before we assume just how terrible it was or just how life threatening it was.. lets examine just what injuries this victim suffered? I say that because for all we know this was the equivalent of a couple of girls fighting on the playground. Until I know exactly what was in play and not all these exaggerative descriptions, I cant really say that pulling a gun was reasonable. Generally speaking, I would not consider it a prudent thing to do. If I think its a murder in progress that's one thing but pointing a gun at some guy is threating the use of deadly force, and if the fella decides he doesn't want to obey.. what then. A person had better be very careful about what they are threatening and what they are actually willing to do in the immediate circumstance. My cautions have more to do with forethought than anything else.

I have no idea if some guy was stopping a kidnapping of his daughter ,..who knows? I don't know these people and I will err on the side of looking out for myself. I doubt very seriously that this guy ( 60 years old) or not, was actually in life threatening peril. Sure, its possible but personally.. based on my life experience, I doubt it. People fight all the time, people get assaulted all the time.. 60 year olds are certainly part of that demographic, it happens. Its rarely a life threatening ordeal when one unarmed guy is smacking some other guy around. Could it be.. sure. The moral high ground may not keep you out of jail or financial ruin if you are wrong.. it might not keep you from financial ruin even if you are right. Everyone qualifies danger in their own way.. I am simply not as quick to consider unarmed ( one on one) combat as a gun pulling situation ( generally). I am no tuff guy and I have had my rear end handed to me plenty.. its simply how I feel about it. If there are multiple offenders or use of a weapon... the decision become rather easy. Anything less than that and you are going to really really have to convince me to pull a gun.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would stop and help if it were in Tennessee or Georgia or some other free state. If it were in NYC or California etc. I wouldn't even slow down or look in that direction. They can kill each off and it wouldn't matter to me one bit. They voted in the liberal POS politicians and got the laws they deserve.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts