Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
16th st Bart man gone crazy - YouTube

Would you intervene, even use deadly force?
The obviously high or disturbed man was assaulting ladies among other passengers and the police were no where to be found.

I'm not sure I would have. As painful as it was to watch the young ladies, I think I would have walked back upstairs and left. The ramifications are just too severe. I would have let the police handle this one and go about the rest of my life.

However, if he attacked me personally or one of my traveling companions all bets are off.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Throat chop, kick to the nads would settle him down...Let the cops clean the mess....

Reactions: ErnieNWillis

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
A naked guy assualting women... after his first phyical assualt he proved he was a serious threat tp the safety of others, its amazing what a pistol whipping can due. In this situation, every person that DID NOT intervene is as guilty as the BG is. There were plenty of people to overpower him and take him down. Failure to act can be as bad as the agressive actions. What if he grabbed a someone and threw them down the escalators and they died, all because someone was to fearful to put a stop to it. I do not live like a sheep, and hope others fix all the problems i encounter

·
Registered
362 Posts
16th st Bart man gone crazy - YouTube

Would you intervene, even use deadly force?
The obviously high or disturbed man was assaulting ladies among other passengers and the police were no where to be found.

I'm not sure I would have. As painful as it was to watch the young ladies, I think I would have walked back upstairs and left. The ramifications are just too severe. I would have let the police handle this one and go about the rest of my life.

However, if he attacked me personally or one of my traveling companions all bets are off.
Not to start an argument with you as I can easily understand your attitude of "Protect me and mine" And would one seriously wanna put their lives in the hands of a jury and, sometimes, corrupt legal system?

But my question is where does one see the line of they (the victim) arent worth standing up for or defending? What makes their life less important than yours?

Just food for thought. Personally, myself, having been ladies who couldnt defend themselves, I would have stepped in most likely. But definitely not firearm first.

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
I would have stepped in and tried to tackle him. It's something a non armed citizen would do. If it escalated and my life was threatened, despite all non lethal attempts to keep him pinned, I'd shoot.

·
Registered
357 Posts
LOL......Was he assaulting with a "deadly weapon"? He appeared to be on something, but at that time deadly force would only have escalated the assaults. Over reaction from the bystanders actually made him enjoy it more. Let the cops handle it, but keep aware and make sure it doesn't escalate to a deadly situation.

PS....I am sure if you presented a gun to him he wouldn't have stopped anything and actually would have become more aggressive. He would not have stopped until you shot and killed him. Since he wasn't threatening anyone's life, then deadly force is not warranted.

Intervened......probably but not using deadly force.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Perfect situation for pepper spray or stun gun...but yes, something should have been done..not necessary for any gun play as I see the vid....this man could have been taken down in a number of different ways.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
That hair looks like a couple of handfuls of leverage to me.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
That hair looks like a couple of handfuls of leverage to me.
Which hair. :blink:..J/king I had to :tongue:

Reactions: BkCo1 and Taurahe

·
Premium Member
37,430 Posts
LOL......Was he assaulting with a "deadly weapon"? He appeared to be on something, but at that time deadly force would only have escalated the assaults. Over reaction from the bystanders actually made him enjoy it more. Let the cops handle it, but keep aware and make sure it doesn't escalate to a deadly situation.

PS....I am sure if you presented a gun to him he wouldn't have stopped anything and actually would have become more aggressive. He would not have stopped until you shot and killed him. Since he wasn't threatening anyone's life, then deadly force is not warranted.
Moses Trotter: Blood-soaked naked man breaks into two homes and kills elderly woman | Mail Online
Naked man goes on stabbing rampage, killing one and wounding four in Washington Heights - NY Daily News
Witness: Woman Working At Inn Brutally Murdered By Naked Man « CBS Sacramento

Here is the one where the victim was a good friend of mine:
STATE v. MATTHEWS, No.?54988-0-I., May 22, 2006 - WA Court of Appeals | FindLaw

I would not "present a gun to him", but would immediately shoot to stop him.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
LOL you guys are bad.

Actually, I'm glad that they pointed out the fact that this was at a BART station. (Bay Area Rapid Transit) Because otherwise, it just looks like your every day voting poll down there. At first glance it looks like just another happy voter.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I would intervene. He was attacking people and needed to be stopped im sure me and that security could have held him down till police arrived.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I would intervene... the only judgement that means anything to me will be made on the day I die. Would I risk throwing my life away, getting injured/killed, or being stuck in prison over making the morally correct decision of protecting those that can't protect themselves? YES, ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

It makes me so mad seeing all those people just standing there, I've seen it plenty of times in person too... how many people need to get assaulted before anyone says "enough" and takes action? Wouldn't you want someone to protect your wife/girlfriend/son/daughter/etc. when you aren't around to protect them? If yes, do you think that person who would choose to protect them doesn't have a family or loved ones of their own?

That's just my view on things and personal opinion, feel free to disagree.

·
Premium Member
5,463 Posts
Yes.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not to start an argument with you as I can easily understand your attitude of "Protect me and mine" And would one seriously wanna put their lives in the hands of a jury and, sometimes, corrupt legal system?

But my question is where does one see the line of they (the victim) arent worth standing up for or defending? What makes their life less important than yours?

Just food for thought. Personally, myself, having been ladies who couldnt defend themselves, I would have stepped in most likely. But definitely not firearm first.
The situation has me on the fence, that's the reason's I posted. I so hesitate to say this, the man is not "small", a physical mano-on-mano confrontation or a tackle and restrain may not be that easy. I'm not sure I could take that guy in a 1 on 1 fight. I'd have to relay on public backup and a confrontation could easily escalate to deadly force. At that stage the legal ramifications have to be considered. For a stranger, I may just walk away.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Actually I really am kind of surprised at the poor police response time being such a hub. No security even? Big difference in this place to an airport.

Reactions: mr.stuart
1 - 20 of 86 Posts