Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a wishful thinking question and it's probably been mention before.
Would anyone here be interested in a double stack version of a Sig P220?

I don't see why Sig would not make a hi-cap version of the P220. They had to redesign the P245 to shorten it up(I know the slide was resigned/remachined, they can get way with using the existing frame and just trim a little off). I think Sig could get 12-14 rds in the new version.
Yes, I'm biased on this subject because I love "HiCap" guns but "Shot Placement" is always #1. I'm also biased because wide grip guns(double stack) feel better in my hand(that's strange even to me because I have small hands and stand only 5'3-4" tall). I think it would sell just because I believe the USA crowd appeals to the "bigger & more" factor/package and I think Sig can make history again by squeezing in a 'HiCap" 45acp model(P220 or something else) before Congress makes another HiCap restriction on US(tax payin/law abiding citizens).

Does anyone think there is a market(USA & worldwide) for the "HiCap/double stack" P220?

Would any of you existing P220 owners buy the 'Hi-Cap/double stack" version?

What kind of sales projection(#'s sold) do you think Sig want before even considering to make a "Limited" run?
What would happen if handgun enthusiast(club members, forum members & etc.) from all over the world to sign a petition to show interest in a "HiCap/double stack" 45acp made by Sig(everyone who would want it send Sig an e-mail, that would get their attention)?
Anyone think this could work? We have to start somewhere, we could get another piece of history(I believe a ban is coming back)!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Really I wouldnt be excited about it . If I were still working LE it would be a different story oO( make a damm fine duty gun) . Nowdays tho if it isnt pretty slender I just cant muster up the old " gottahaves" lol

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I would go for it - oh yes. I am impressed with the Glock (always forget model numbers) - that manages to stack an amazing 13 or is 15 - forget!

I happen fortunately to like wide grips and so my 226 is great - I'd go get a double stack 220 in a heartbeat should it be ever made. I could then have something like my 226 capacity, but with .45acp. Yum :smile:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Thx Bud - never ask me about Glocks except for 17, 18 and 19 LOL. Out of those an 18 will be just dandy :biggrin2:

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
I actually would like to see a double stack P245, but the grip would prolly be the size of a grapefruit. MAYBE a Sig GSR in a double stack and in Commander length? Like a P13 LDA ParaOrd? With the DAK action?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ExSoldier762 said:
I actually would like to see a double stack P245, but the grip would prolly be the size of a grapefruit. MAYBE a Sig GSR in a double stack and in Commander length? Like a P13 LDA ParaOrd? With the DAK action?
I'm not a big fan of DAO, DAK or LEM triggers(I guess I'm a young dog w/ old school ways that don't want to learn ALL new school tricks). But I'd love to see the double stack P245 more than the P220(I'll get both if/when they ever come on the market). I would doubt the grip be the size of a grapefruit considering my Para P12 & P13 Limited grips aren't to much bigger than grip of a 245 or 220!

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
1man said:
I'm not a big fan of DAO, DAK or LEM triggers(I guess I'm a young dog w/ old school ways that don't want to learn ALL new school tricks). But I'd love to see the double stack P245 more than the P220(I'll get both if/when they ever come on the market). I would doubt the grip be the size of a grapefruit considering my Para P12 & P13 Limited grips aren't to much bigger than grip of a 245 or 220!
I love my P245...but I'm gettin' real used to my new H&K USP fullsize 45! That's 12rds of 45 and my Galco "Concealable" is an extremely comfortable holster. However, it's been real COLD (40!) here in Miami so my big leather jacket makes it disappear. Have to see how it goes when the temps warm up some in a few days.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ExSoldier762 said:
I love my P245...but I'm gettin' real used to my new H&K USP fullsize 45! That's 12rds of 45 and my Galco "Concealable" is an extremely comfortable holster. However, it's been real COLD (40!) here in Miami so my big leather jacket makes it disappear. Have to see how it goes when the temps warm up some in a few days.
I know what you mean, I have 2 USP45 Tacticals and thinking about getting the USP compact in 45(I have a compact 357Sig). I figure if Sig will only make the "HiCap" 245 if they see the "HiCap" 220 #'s high enough(but then all they would have to do is shave down the frame, shorten the mag and still use the existing 245 slide, done deal).

I wonder if we put it out to Sig in a real simple form like this would they consider it(because all they would have to do is redesign the frame for a wider mag).

·
Registered
698 Posts
I had a P220ST that was one of the most accurate guns I ever owned but man it was heavy. To carry only 8+1 and be that heavy, I can just imagine what a double stack P220ST would weigh. Can you say muscle strain.
Now a P245 double might peak my interest. I had a P245 but traded it on my Wilson CQB which 8+1 and not near as heavy as my P220ST was.

·
Super Moderator
18,099 Posts
I own four Sigs...and the 220 is my duty gun.

If SIG would get off of their butts and make a double stack, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, qualify with it even faster and tote that for the duty gun.

Why in the heck they havent done that yet is beyond me.
And while we are it...I'd buy a double stack 10MM also.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Muscle Strain?

tex45acp said:
I had a P220ST that was one of the most accurate guns I ever owned but man it was heavy. To carry only 8+1 and be that heavy, I can just imagine what a double stack P220ST would weigh.
I just got that H&K USP Standard size with three 12rd mags. I was amazed, for such a huge HONKER of a gun (Glock M21 easy) , it's not too heavy, even with the sp 12rd mag. Soft kicker and super accurate.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Not to throw water on the fire of the Sig (awesome line of handguns), but how about this??....

Double stack mag with 14 rounds and a grip that's only slightly larger than that of my double stack XD9... :)

·
Registered
988 Posts
Bud White said:
gun shop said they couldnt get them yet but they wanted 489
Bud, if you can hold them to the $489 price, I'd pick one up if you were looking for a .45 acp. I'd love to try and pick up a .45 sometime this year if the funds are there. I'm going to have an aweful hard time trying to decide between the contemporary .45 1911 style and the new XD. My XD9 is an outstanding handgun and I would surmise that the .45 XD would be right up there.

I hate these tough decisions! LOL!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts