Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely would not. In fact, I would probably move from Colorado if they rescinded CCW permits. What would you do?

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Nope, wouldn't even consider it. I might consider moving to the U.S. Virgin Islands with or without one, but would have to research that a bit. Anyone know the CCW laws in the USVI? I guess packing.org would probably have that information.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I would not, and I don't even like travelling to/through states that do not accept my carry permit.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had to :(. Gave up my AZ CCW and I sure miss it!

We moved back to my wife's hometown in Nebraska a few yrs after I retired from the military. I also grew up in Nebraska. My wife wanted to be near her Mom in her declining yrs.....she's 80 and a widow, but healthy as a horse...prolly live to be 95. We live next door to her and I take care of her place. If we're still young enough when she's gone we'll prolly rtn to AZ.

Nebraska has one "ethnically diverse" senator in our Unicameral (that's right folks, Nebraska only has one legislative body) who filibusters the snot out of CCW every time it comes up. The rest of the senators don't care enough about it to fight over it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nope, I would not move to a non CCW place. I have the best permit that the state of Mass. allows us to have, but the restrictive gun laws have me wanting to move out now.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Well, here I am the lone dissenter! CCW did not enter my mind until later ib life, you see I worked a million hours a week trying to keep my family with food and shelter, it was just one of those things for the type of work I did and the time period in our country. I had guns since I was 12 and still have my .22 and 12 guage double with exposed hammers I used for duck hunting etc. It is a different time frame today, the internet allows us to communicate with each other and we are more into politics to understand what is being done to us to control our lives.
I became interested in handguns when I could afford them later in life and my work week was my own schedule. To carry a handgun became important when crime and car hijackings etc became the norm. I wanted to protect myself and family if needed, pure defensive measure. We had a sherrif in office for 35 years and no ccw except for special people and that changed about in 2000. I got a ccw and it expired last year because I cannot think of a good reason they will accept to renew it. So no ccw at the present. In this long winded way I am taking to explain I would not move to a state where I could not carry but considerations are time of your life, work and weather.
I live in California, weather is great most of times, prices are high, our democrat government is something else and affects all walks of life.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wouldn't. I don't even like living next to The People's Republic of Illinois.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
funny you should all mention this. Wife and I are contemplating a move to Cali. It will all be dependent on what we find out at the Front sight CCW course as they say they can greatly assist (no guarantee) in getting a Ca CCW.

~A

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
We are planning to move in July/August

Come July/August we are relocating. We would prefer a Midwest location, with Missouri being smack in the middle of where we need to be. We have ruled out states that don't have shall issue CHP. So Illinois and Kansas were quickly scratched. Iowa is may issue, so it moved down the list.

Missouri is shall issue, but the big cities were exempted so the cities are out. Western Tennessee or Kentucky are options. So yes, CHP and gun laws in general are a deciding factor in where we are looking to relocate. Missouri has some gun laws I'm not thrilled with, but they seem consistant with most Midwestern states, so not a disqualifier.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Scott those are Hot months to move in. Did that once and man did my body hate me for it. Job dictating the move? Wife and I love the Cali coast and the ability to surf and the lifestyle aside form the anti-gun stance.

~A

·
Registered
742 Posts
No:exclaim::exclaim:

Indiana has the third best gun laws in the US ..IMO, but we do live next door to Illinois. When I travel thru Illinois, I try to do it without a stop.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Fortyfive, What was the reason you gave to get your CCW in the first place? you have to give a reason each and everytime it comes up for renewal??? I am wanting to get a CCW for my wife and I if and when we move to Cali.

Are there any organizations forwarding the CCW movement in Cali? being I amnot a resident of Cali does hurt me but in talking with the wife, the move is looking more and more certain.

~A

Originally posted by FortyFive
I got a ccw and it expired last year because I cannot think of a good reason they will accept to renew it. So no ccw at the present. I live in California, weather is great most of times, prices are high, our democrat government is something else and affects all walks of life.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Scott, you may want to research the income tax situation in Missouri. I'm given to understand from a friend who lived in the KC area for a year that there is some sort of compact btwn KS/MO. IIRC, depending on which county you live/work in you may have to file in both states even if you only live/work in one of the states.

Don't know if this might impact you and your situation significantly, but could be a good thing to check out in advance.

Others from the KC area might me able to shed some light on this.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It depends on what purpose I was having to move. If voluntarily, NO, would not. I have grown so accustomed to carrying mine, it would be hard to \"not\" carry. If it was for my job, it would be a different story but I wouldn\'t want to.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
NO, absolutely not. No way!!!! :rock:

·
Registered
64 Posts
It is a pain in the butt to get approved to carry in USVI by the local government in USVI, however, it can be done. In advance of your arrival you must have completed the application and paid the fee's and when approved they send you a letter in the mail. Your temp. permit will be waiting for you on your arrival. If I remember correctly, the permit is only good for a very limited time, like a week or so. For a longer visit you can become a member to one of the shooting clubs on the island, but again there are ristrictions on carrying going that route. You need to check with the local aithorities in St. Thomas for what the current regs are and get the application. I don't think they recognize any US issued permits. I got one about 5yrs ago, but it was a real pain in the butt.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts