Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It don't make no sense! When a man won't spend $67 to buy himself a new pair of leather boots or shoes, because he really doesn't need them; but can't resist buying a pretty light-tan FNP-9 form-fitted leather holster that he cannot really carry or wear outside on the street. Even more strange, when he carries his guns in a bag to the range. Would you wear color-clashing holsters, the leather [GAG! or ugly black plastic] not matching your belt, boots, shoes, or [even worse!], your purse?:hand1:

Yes, black plastic being more sensible...but brown leather looks and feels better.

·
Super Moderator
23,972 Posts
I am always colored coordinated, hat to shoes and everything in between.........

Actually, all of my holster, mag holder and belts are all black leather. Usually all hidden under a cover garment, but I usually color coordinate with my cowboy hats, fedoras, jackets, boots and shoes. I am not a clothes horse, but I like to look like I know how to dress.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
No matter how pretty the holster is I don't care if it matches the rest of my get up unless I'm open carrying. If not, who's going to see it?

Now, there have been times I've made sure everything matched but that was because I was going OC.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I clash sometimes, but no one knows because both are always hidden.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Keep everything black and never have to worry about being out of style.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I try to keep everything black, but that's just me. I've gotten to the point that I carry concealed most of the time since I don't live in an OC state. I have a few tan holsters just because they are good holsters, and they didn't come in black.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I thought this would be about pink and puce!

I like un-dyed natural leather so there is no color to bleed into clothing or skin.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wow, I mix brown holsters and belt without thinking about the dye lots. Ankle gun is in black rig.

Come to think of it I carry a mix of stainless and blue guns. :redface:

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
No one is going to see my holster but me. So, what do I care ?

That's kind of like color coordinating your underwear.... who's going to notice ?

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
All my OWB holsters are black, except one. The only one that's brown, is for my G19. I got brown because I have the same holster in black for my G26 and didn't want to confuse them....

Since OC isn't legal in Tx, I don't care if my holster matches my belt, boots or anything else...Probably wouldn't care if OC was legal, come to think of it...

·
Registered
236 Posts
No one is going to see my holster but me. So, what do I care ?

That's kind of like color coordinating your underwear.... who's going to notice ?
Is that like brown shoes, brown belt, brown holster, brown ...

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
All my stuff matches... of course I have no excuse for them to not :bier:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I've mixed and matched before. Brown mag holder with a black pancake holster on a black belt.

No one ever saw it, so I really didn't care. These days though, everything is black leather or kydex, so I guess I do worry more about it now.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Mine usually always match but what are you a girl?who cares,it's about function and saving your life not how pretty you look!

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
I always match, but it is kind of a Marine Boot Camp thing. Green side out, brown side out.............

You fellow Jarheads will understand.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Aww, come on... some girls color coordinate their bras and panties... not with the intention of showing them to anyone but they do it for themselves...

It should be the same thing here... do it for yourself!

·
Registered
983 Posts
I mix & match brown and black holsters/belts.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Oddly I was just thinking that I need a brown holster as well as a black one for each of my guns to match my belts and shoes... and my wife says I can't dress myself...

1 - 20 of 69 Posts