Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not a gun, but pepper spray.

I bought some Pepper Gel for her today. When I gave it to her she said she already has pepper spray. Huh? Since when? For the last 15 years, she told me. Carries it all the time. I'm kinda like, wow--I didn't know that. Yeah, she tells me, when she is walking to/from the car it is always in her hand ready to go--you just never know, she says.

After I get over the shock, I suggest maybe she'd like to carry the pepper gel instead of the spray. She took the pepper gel cannister, played with it a few seconds, and said, no, she prefers her pepper spray because she has practiced with it hundreds of times and is very comfortable with how it operates.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sounds like a smart woman. You're a lucky man.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Not bad....

I'm not familiar with the gel?

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Good for her. Sounds like you have a pretty smart wife there.

Have you ever talked to her about the possibility of carrying a her own gun?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I think it expires after a year or two due to reduces effectiveness. Glad she practices with it. Might be time for a new can anyway...

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
And I would have thought you would have known after 15 years.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And I would have thought you would have known after 15 years.
Uh, yeah, I feel pretty stupid for not knowing until now.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good for her. Sounds like you have a pretty smart wife there.

Have you ever talked to her about the possibility of carrying a her own gun?
She's not interested in carrying a gun and I don't push it.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
How long have you been married to this woman?!? Heck, my wife knows what pocket I keep my golf tees in, and she's never been on the course with me. I guess it's from extras found in the laundry.

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
Hey, any married guy knows that the contents of the purse are to remain a mystery....

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Right you are Matt! If there's ever been a No-Man's-Land, it's within that confused & cluttered, tangled & dark wilderness.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Right you are Matt! If there's ever been a No-Man's-Land, it's within that confused & cluttered, tangled & dark wilderness.
:rofl: Yes, we women consider our purses private property -- no going there without permission unless agreed upon beforehand. And no going there without a flashlight, and without garden gloves, or hand wipes for post-search clean-up.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Good thing you didn't really tick her off eh? :scratchchin:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Which gel did you get her? Good to know she is prepared.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
You married this woman without first 'frisking' her?:rofl:

·
Administrator
143,701 Posts
Get rid of her old one. It's expired many times over.
Out with the old...in with the new.

"You married this woman without first 'frisking' her?"
Now that there was funny as Hell. :biggrin2:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hey, any married guy knows that the contents of the purse are to remain a mystery....
BOY!:yup:

My Domestic General has been known to carry up to 3 knives on her at any given time, but the "bag" has the Lost City of Atlantis, the Alexandrian Library, 3 Holy Grails, the Lindbergh Baby, and the Missing Link cleverly stashed within the dark recesses of it's bottomless chasm!:tongue:

·
Registered
489 Posts
not a gun, but pepper spray.

I bought some Pepper Gel for her today. When I gave it to her she said she already has pepper spray. Huh? Since when? For the last 15 years, she told me. Carries it all the time. I'm kinda like, wow--I didn't know that. Yeah, she tells me, when she is walking to/from the car it is always in her hand ready to go--you just never know, she says.

After I get over the shock, I suggest maybe she'd like to carry the pepper gel instead of the spray. She took the pepper gel cannister, played with it a few seconds, and said, no, she prefers her pepper spray because she has practiced with it hundreds of times and is very comfortable with how it operates.
Way back, a ,ong long time ago when I was an LEO the DOJ was not recommending the gel or foam because some attackers are smart enough to wipe off a handful and throw it back in your face.

Not sure if what you got is a quick melting gel or not but it is something to think about.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've learned a few things from my wife's purse...
1) never hold it in public...
2) give her the whole purse, even if she asks for a specific thing out of it..
3) If its some name brand (Coach, etc) don't toss it on the floorboard of your Jeep Wrangler when she tries to climb in.
4) If you hear her cellphone ringing from its dark depths...you will never find it in time.

My wife carries a Kubotan and a knife in her purse. She is intent of getting her CWP, but since she works at a University, she can't carry there.

And she has some strange aversion to pepper spray... something from years ago and getting hit by it.... I always joked that pepper spray never stopped me before....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts