Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reloading for a little over 2 years now. My primers dump into a plastic jug and accumulate there. I weighed 25 of the fired primers and then the whole container minus the weight of the container to estimate how many primers were in the jug.

7,888 primers! And that's not all of them; early on I threw some out that would have easily put the count over 8,000.

I've been busy!

And that's all for now, I'm right in the middle of reloading as we "speak". :yup: :tongue:

But, stay tuned - I'll be posting something exciting Tuesday or Wednesday and it's NOT about reloading for a change!

·
Super Moderator
12,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
12,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am surprised, too. I would have expected the number to be much higher. I am disappointed...
Well, then, we could add to that number the ones I thought about loading but never got around to - you know they say it's the thought that counts. :tongue:

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
We really need to see this information on a graph!:aargh4:

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Tangle, I am impressed, that is a bunch. I quit reloading a number of years ago and found it easier to buy new. Discounting rimfire I have to believe you do a lot more shooting then I do, Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
33,873 Posts
No graph, no proof.

·
Registered
791 Posts
8,000 rounds over 24 months equals 333 rounds per month. Just about right, but I usually try to shoot at least 100 rounds per week (5200 per year, about 30% more than the OP), plus rimfire, plus shotgun, plus rifles.

At last count I have over 7,000 rounds of handgun brass resized, primed, and neck-expanded, ready to drop powder and seat bullets. Recent surgeries on my right wrist and elbow, and cataract surgery next week, have slowed me down a bit. As soon as I can properly grip a pistol and see the target clearly I'm sure I'll get back in the groove.

·
Super Moderator
12,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 13 of 13 Posts