Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting a Ruger Wrangler since I saw them announced, but they have been few and far between online. While at a gun show yesterday I stumbled across a dealer with all 3 Wrangler options. I went with the bronze as it is the one my wife wanted. I could've gotten 2 but I've already got a Heritage so I figured one would be enough. We got the gun out and just plinked at some steel targets. I'm gonna have to put it on paper to get a better idea of my sight picture.

After an initial hiccup of not wanting to cough on the first cylinder load (I'm assuming we may not have had the round quite seated all the way), the gun ran with zero issues. We ran some bulk federal, CCI, and Aguila. All in all it was a good session. We put somewhere around 130 rounds through it. It did seem to gum up pretty quickly as around the hundredth round it took more than just dropping the round into the cylinder to get it seated. We actually had to push it in.

At the end of the day it was a good range session. I can see future hours of fun with it. Time will tell how the cerakote holds up, but it is obviously a better finish than my Heritage. So far I am pleased with this gun.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Nice! Enjoy!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The loading gate is a little stiff but nothing that I would complain about.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
Think I may get one also. It looks like a "Bearcat" on a "Single Six" butt, from the looks of your picture. If that's the case, it'd be good for me, as I have large hands.

Reactions: MMinSC

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I love the single six, but the price tag is tough for only plinking with .22's. This Wrangler looks like a great plinker; light weight for smaller shooters too. I'll gladly give up .22mag for a well priced range gun. The only part I wish they kept steel is the hammer. That seems like a small part where I want more mass, and steel hammers can't cost them more that a few $$.

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
I thought the Wrangler was the same size as the Single Six? I have also never seen an original Bearcat, only the new ones. Are the original Bearcats different?
I don't own a Wrangler yet, but from the looks of OP's post, my original "Bearcat" butt is smaller, & the Wrangler has a "Single Six" butt profile. Photo of my "Single Six" (top), & "Bearcat" (next one down).

100_0081.JPG

Reactions: msgt/ret and MMinSC

·
Super Moderator
16,096 Posts
I thought the Wrangler was the same size as the Single Six? I have also never seen an original Bearcat, only the new ones. Are the original Bearcats different?
The Bearcats are about 2/3 the size of the Single Six.

Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
The Bearcats are about 2/3 the size of the Single Six.
Ok. I handled a Bearcat the other day at PSA but they had no Wranglers in stock to compare. When you wrote "original Bearcat" it made me wonder if the older ones were different. Like the original Vaqueros being larger than the New Vaquero. Thanks for clarifying for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts