Defensive Carry banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Yep! and yes, when I manufactured the guns at Sig, some pistols sat on the shelves for a very long time (maybe even 5 years) before they were sold to Distributors and then Retailers. (Thus the Sig "Born on Date" they began to print on their Hard Cases) With this Date of Manufacture, they would also be able to determine the time frame of Parts utilized, and Serial Number Range of guns with inherent Issues.
HECK: We ordered a brand new microwave from our local appliance store a year ago. I did not want the model they had in stock. When it arrived, the sticker showed that it had been manufactured three years before. Was it sitting at the factory for 3 years, or at the distributor for 3 years?

·
Premium Member
6,724 Posts
HECK: We ordered a brand new microwave from our local appliance store a year ago. I did not want the model they had in stock. When it arrived, the sticker showed that it had been manufactured three years before. Was it sitting at the factory for 3 years, or at the distributor for 3 years?
Your purchase was probably the first time in 3 years the shelf was actually emptied. Heck, there may have been even older units in the back of the shelf.

Many companies claim to rotate stock (First In First Out), but most, in my experience don't make the effort, so it's usually LIFO (Last In First out).

I too, got my wife a P238, thinking it would be easier for her to rack the slide. No such luck, so the P238 is a safe queen.

Reactions: CLASS3NH

·
Premium Member
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Your purchase was probably the first time in 3 years the shelf was actually emptied. Heck, there may have been even older units in the back of the shelf.

Many companies claim to rotate stock (First In First Out), but most, in my experience don't make the effort, so it's usually LIFO (Last In First out).

I too, got my wife a P238, thinking it would be easier for her to rack the slide. No such luck, so the P238 is a safe queen.
I'm sorry to hear that your wife couldn't rack the slide of a P238. If it was an all steel model (20 oz. gun weight) that is understandable because for some "unknown" reason it IS hard to rack the slide on those models (ex: The Spartan). Most of the models have the alloy frame, which makes the gun 15.2 oz. and also makes for the easiest racking slide of any I've ever tried. I "played with" a whole bunch of models in a well stocked gun store before I purchased my first P238, so I'm speaking from experience of one with extremely reduced hand strength.

I did an in depth review of my Shield EZ shortly after I got it, and there was actually no difference in ease of use, including racking the slide and trigger pull, between the my EZ and my P238. EXCEPT the P238 doesn't stovepipe the last round in a magazine like the EZ sometimes/often does.

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
Yep!............. It happens...."New" old stock....

·
Premium Member
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Yep!............. It happens...."New" old stock....
It seems that "new" means not previously owned and/or registered. That's no problem for me as long as I can get the model(s) I want and the stuff works like it is supposed to work. "Last year's model" car might fall into that category also, a little bit?

41 - 45 of 45 Posts