Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a used glock in the Dayton ohio area. Not sure what I want yet, but wanted to see what was out there.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
.45 or 9mm?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Glocks are great guns but have you shot one?
Some, me included, don't like the grip. I also don't like how the mags rattle in the gun.
Keep an open mind and look at other top brands.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some, me included, don't like the grip. I also don't like how the mags rattle in the gun.
I have shot a glock 23 at least a dozen times and loved it. I currently own an xdm 9 compact which is awesome for both my wife and I.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
21,481 Posts
If you want a 40 then get the G23. If you want a 9mm, then the 19 is hard to beat. They both come in larger and smaller versions.

Reactions: Jetfuelrm

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
he said first Glock not first gun. he might be as familiar with the alternatives as anyone else.

if you're looking for a polymer striker fired gun with no external safety, no mag disconnect, and no LCI then it's hard to beat a Glock. also, range time will overcome absolutely any issue a person might have with design differences. and none of mine have ever had magazines that rattle in the grip but I've only had 4 Glocks with 15 or so magazines so I'm certainly not an expert there.

Glocks aren't the only fish in the sea but they're great option for the person looking for a lean and proven gun.

I hope you find one soon. Check your local Cabellas. Mine has several used ones (i didn't know they bought/sold used guns) and many new ones on their shelves. They even had a new G30S today that was near impossible for me to walk away from.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
^^^^^^ What he said. I was confused also about the magazine rattling in the gun. I have a G23 and mine doesn't rattle.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Like I said, Glocks are great guns. Without knowing what he does or has owned, I just gave an opinion. Lots of people are told to buy a Glock and don't think about other options. The first post didn't say if he even owned a gun yet. Don't take it so personal.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Like I said, Glocks are great guns. Without knowing what he does or has owned, I just gave an opinion. Lots of people are told to buy a Glock and don't think about other options. The first post didn't say if he even owned a gun yet. Don't take it so personal.
I didn't mean to sound as though i was taking it personal because i wasn't. and you make an excellent point. people often discount an entire line of firearms based on nothing but hearsay or a single bad experience with one gun a zillion years ago. I think people that either disregard a gun maker or cling to one often do themselves a disservice. there's a lot to be said for brand loyalty and continuity in your firearms though. but I think it's good to keep your eyes and options open.

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
I honestly don't understand what the big fuss is about Glock grip angles. I shoot XD's, my Shield, Rugers and my G19. Being grip angle sensitive is like preferring black boxers over gray ones. IMO.

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
I didn't mean to sound as though i was taking it personal because i wasn't. and you make an excellent point. people often discount an entire line of firearms based on nothing but hearsay or a single bad experience with one gun a zillion years ago. I think people that either disregard a gun maker or cling to one often do themselves a disservice. there's a lot to be said for brand loyalty and continuity in your firearms though. but I think it's good to keep your eyes and options open.
That said, don't buy a Taurus.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I love my gen 3 glock 21...so accurate
It was an le trade in in great condition with 3 mags for $399
It is an awesome gun

I love full framed glocks so the 17 is hard to beat if looking for a 9mm.

I carry my 21 IWB in a hybrid and think it is easy to conceal. Not as easy as my shield but still easy

James - www.guardianconcealment.com

·
Registered
81 Posts
Still trying to figure out the glock mag rattling post....lol I have owned many and have never heard one rattle...besides they are a polymer coated mag sliding into a polymer magwell. Get the Glock 27..It is the best of both worlds. Stock form they are accurate and very concealable. If you want the higher capacity just add the G23 or G22 mag and the Xgrip and it feels like a full size.. Very modular guns.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts