Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,351 Posts
Not sure but i know CMP was getting in and starting to sell surplus 1911's
Think most were coming in from other countries that we lent them to.
Not sure if they are U.S. marked.

·
Super Moderator
21,913 Posts
Not sure but i know CMP was getting in and starting to sell surplus 1911's
Think most were coming in from other countries that we lent them to.
Not sure if they are U.S. marked.
If they were accepted by the Ordnance Department, they will have the "United States Property" stamping, even the Lend-Lease pistols.

·
Super Moderator
21,913 Posts
I believe either would be fine with him, but he'd prefer an M1911.
Do you know if he has a preference to manufacturer, Colt, Remington Arms-UMC, or Springfield Armory? Maker can affect cost. Then you have original vs arsenal refurbished, or does any of that even matter, he just wants it to have "United States Property" on it?

·
Super Moderator
21,913 Posts
CMP has several Union Switch and Signal A1’s that are up to 2500 or so on the auction block.
That would be a great deal depending on condition, there were only 55,000 of those made, they're known as "the poor man's Singer".

·
Administrator
143,367 Posts
I remember when US&S slides (in the white) aka bare metal were all over Pittsburgh.
Sans front and rear sights but milled and dovetailed for the front and rear.
Some had very minor dings and scratches.
They must have all been tossed into a bin at some point in time.
Nobody really wanted them but, I guess somebody did because you sure can't find one here now. :nono:
I'd love to have one now just because of where they were made.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you know if he has a preference to manufacturer, Colt, Remington Arms-UMC, or Springfield Armory? Maker can affect cost. Then you have original vs arsenal refurbished, or does any of that even matter, he just wants it to have "United States Property" on it?
Doesn't matter. He just wants US Property on it. A nice mixmaster would be fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts