Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was my wifes birthday, and she wanted to go to the NYS Museum. So we went there and it was awsome, they had a exibit there for the WTC Disaster. Here are some pics of some of the stuff they have on display.

·
Administrator
144,232 Posts
Thanks Bruce

Thanks for posting the photos.

BTW ~ I moved your thread to LE HS & MD
Somehow the Humor & Off Topic area of the forum area did not sound right.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Thanks for posting these pic's, Bruce. I would imagine that this museum is pretty quiet...lots of people with lumps in thier throats. :frown:

QKShooter said:
BTW ~ I moved your thread to LE HS & MD
Somehow the Humor & Off Topic area of the forum area did not sound right.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
I would expect that seeing those things first hand is a sobering experience - heck even just the pics bring it all home. Thx Bruce for sharing your visit.

I was greatly saddened of late to hear just how many premature deaths there have been, and I guess more will still come - among emergency type personel - much as anything it seems due to respiratory problems and complications.

These too are folks who in a sense also gave their lives in all that.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Didn't know that was up and running, will have to add it to my list of places to see, when I can. I like alot of others lost loved ones there,and in the Pentagon

·
Super Moderator
25,608 Posts
Thanks for posting that. I knew quite a few guys that worked the clean-up.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
It still breaks my heart.

But there's one thing that absolutely infuriates me:

How soon people forget.

They don't forget that it happened, or the people affected, or even the days following.

What they forget is the feelings that they had after it happened. There wasn't a single American that didn't support President Bush's call to the War on Terrorism.

But, just a few short years, and they all forget. Just like Vietnam. Just like Korea. They all support it until they get bored. Then they have to find something else to bide their time. So they switch sides. Now they say we shouldn't be doing anything.

I hate the fact that something like this will one day happen again. I hate that people will have to die, but our security is still not what it could be.

And, We'll all see, right after whatever happens next, Patriotism will blossom like springtime. Everyone will be John Q. Patriot. Then a few more years, and they'll be back at the same old thing. Whining and complaining that we shouldn't be fighting in other countries.

I wish America had a longer-term memory. At least concerning emotions. Maybe the networks should re-air all the footage from September 11th. Then maybe they'll remember.

I'll stop.

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Jarhead79,

Your post is 100% correct, best I've read in a long, long time.

Thank you, Sir!:congrats:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Jarhead, I'll never forget. I lost some dear friends in WTC. I wish I was 10 years younger and 50 pounds lighter. I'd as for my commission back.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
You nailed it 100% Jarhead!

jarhead79 said:
Maybe the networks should re-air all the footage from September 11th. Then maybe they'll remember.
The networks don't want to show the footage...it might remind the :sheep: that we are at war, and all the "healing" and "time to move on" stuff they have been spewing might fail. :angryfire:

I do know that every time I see the footage, it evokes a very strong reaction in me...

·
Administrator
144,232 Posts
The people behind the terrorists have an extremely long memory...that memory is at least 1,000 years long.
Our domestic, average "American Sheeple Memory" :usflag::sheep::sheep: lasts about 3 years or right up until the next "OJ" or Michael Jackson type trial pops up.

·
Premium Member
20,035 Posts
You are, of course, correct on all points. People forget quickly. We are unable to focus as a country and it will happen again. I, too, wish I were younger and could re-enlist but since that's not realistic, I hope I won't live to see it....

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I don't think I can bear to go to that museum considering the last place I hung out at before going to FLETC (for my second time) on August 2001 was the WTC and I reported back to work at 26 Federal Plaza was on 11 September 2001.

·
Registered
294 Posts
What really bugs me is calling it a disaster. Hurricane Katrina was a disaster. This was an abomination. After a disaster, we pick ouselves up, dust ourselves off and keep on goint. That's what we're doing, in one way or another in New Orleans and that is what many seem to want to do with 9/11.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bruces45 said:
Yesterday was my wifes birthday, and she wanted to go to the NYS Museum. So we went there and it was awsome, they had a exibit there for the WTC Disaster. Here are some pics of some of the stuff they have on display.
A very humbling post. How soon people seem to have forgotten about this atrocity...we must never forget! A couple of years ago I visited Ground Zero, and found it a very moving experience.

IMHO we must not let up in the war against terror, the alternative is too bad to contemplate!

People may criticise your country, but you do have your friends...I always support my friends!

·
Registered
13 Posts
kimber05 said:
A very humbling post. How soon people seem to have forgotten about this atrocity...we must never forget! A couple of years ago I visited Ground Zero, and found it a very moving experience.

IMHO we must not let up in the war against terror, the alternative is too bad to contemplate!

People may criticise your country, but you do have your friends...I always support my friends!
kimber05,
I can't tell you how much it means to, me for one, but most likely every American on this site to hear those words from across the Atlantic. I hope our nations and people will always be friends.

Thank you!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts