Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so yesterday I was at Walmart in Sebastian FL and a shipment of ammo had come in. I waited as the guy opened up the mostly empty cartons to reveal about 3 boxes of .40, one box of Remington 45 automatic and a couple of other things, no 9mm.

As luck would have it, today I had to drive to Lake Wales FL. The Walmart there seemed to have quite a lot of ammo (for these times) I remarked about the scarcity and the woman said, "You know who's doing it don't you? The White House." Then she told me that we won't be able to buy ammo or get a CCWP after January. She also said they are going to tax every firearm you own. I asked her where she heard this and she said, "On the news." I came home and found nothing about this on the internet. What the heck is she talking about? :confused:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Or likely she has hearn it from all those gun nuts coming in to hoard ammo. :hand5: (hey, where is the sarcasm font?)

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
I usually take statements like hers with a grain of salt. In her case though I think a carton would be more appropriate. She's full of you know what.

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
Don't sweat it. A couple of things to keep in mind, first carry permits are issued by the states, they have nothing to do with the white house. As far as the taxation thing goes, except for a few states where you have to register each and every weapon you have, and private sales are illegal, they have no way of knowing who has what to tax them!
Every couple of weeks someone posts about an email that has gone around about having to declare all weapons on next years tax return. Old news, went no where, nothing to worry about. The rumors she was spreading IIRC go back to the day after Obama got elected. Supposedly he was going to reinstate the AWB, and do all kinds of other stuff the day he got sworn in. Hasn't happened. I don't think we have anything to worry about from him until the next election. After that it doesn't matter. Either he has his second term so he doesn't have to worry about annoying us or he has already lost and has nothing left to lose. If anything is going to happen, that is when I would be worried.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Taking tax advice and political advice from a Walmart employee makes about as much sense as taking legal advice from someone on the internet.

Proceed at your own risk!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Please stop busting Wal-mart employees chops. Not all of us are stupid or know it alls. Some of us are decent people just trying to make a living. My apologies if this seems like nit picking.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you look at the OpenCongress link, it presently has a 2% approval rate. That's pretty awesome. I was unaware about this bill before this thread, but I'm definitely going to be letting my Rep know I oppose it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Please stop busting Wal-mart employees chops. Not all of us are stupid or know it alls. Some of us are decent people just trying to make a living. My apologies if this seems like nit picking.
I assume you were referring to the following statement?

miklcolt45 said:
Taking tax advice and political advice from a Walmart employee makes about as much sense as taking legal advice from someone on the internet.

Proceed at your own risk!
What's the problem? I wouldn't trust legal advice obtained from the manager of our local grocery store or my local gun store either. I think the response would have been the same had the advice come from a clerk at Cabellas.

Ryan

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
My back hurts today, I'm going to see what the pimple faced Beavis at the McD's drive through has to say about it.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Sounds like she may be related to Sarah Brady...:blink:

·
Registered
541 Posts
You need to read this, and not skip over it.... it's what she is probably referring to. I've written all my representatives on it, who all state they are totally against it.

Seems the woman may be more up-to-date than some others are.
I have been researching this for some time, and this really doesnt bother me,YET i truly dont think this will ever pass...
I hope not any way

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
OK, so yesterday I was at Walmart in Sebastian FL and a shipment of ammo had come in. I waited as the guy opened up the mostly empty cartons to reveal about 3 boxes of .40, one box of Remington 45 automatic and a couple of other things, no 9mm.

As luck would have it, today I had to drive to Lake Wales FL. The Walmart there seemed to have quite a lot of ammo (for these times) I remarked about the scarcity and the woman said, "You know who's doing it don't you? The White House." Then she told me that we won't be able to buy ammo or get a CCWP after January. She also said they are going to tax every firearm you own. I asked her where she heard this and she said, "On the news." I came home and found nothing about this on the internet. What the heck is she talking about? :confused:
I am just surprised that the employee seemed to understand what bullets were. Walmarts around here seem to stock the sporting goods section with people from the craft and shoe departments.

As for her comments just the random type of fearmongering that has been happening lately. Just like the salesman that told me Remington wasn't going to be making the 870 anymore after Christmas.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My buddy and I visit the wally ammo counter so often that they see us coming and let us know what they have in stock by the time we're at the counter. Oddly enough our local wally always has .40 and usually has a little of all calibers except .380. Got a big shipment last night of all varieties. And they staff the section with people that know a bit about guns and ammo. We must have the bizzaro wally.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
If you look at the OpenCongress link, it presently has a 2% approval rate. That's pretty awesome. I was unaware about this bill before this thread, but I'm definitely going to be letting my Rep know I oppose it.
This Bill has been around for at least a few months now. I emailed my Rep. and he responded by saying this bill will likely never make it out of the House.

Keep up the pressure on your Representatives and Senators. And always vote.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I don't file tax returns,I'm exempt so I wonder how they would get a list of my guns,I don't have

1 - 18 of 18 Posts