Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I'm looking primarily for feedback here but if a good deal pops over this thread, I'll take it. But what I want to know is can I expect an even steven trade for my Olympic Arms K23P AR-15 pistol at a gun show (one will be in my neck of the woods in three weeks or so) for one of the following guns: XD 45 compact; Taurus M4510 with the bobbed hammer and short grip (dubbed the Public Defender); or a Kel Tec PLR16.

Some may argue the OLY is far superior to the Kel Tec I want, but I originally bought the OLY as an investment against that day when the AWB raised it's ugly head. While that still is a possibility, my needs have changed a bit and I really want something else. The Oly was a spur of the moment purchase, and while I bought it new, there was no box to go along with it. I paid about $800 OTD and it retails for $975 so I figured I got a decent deal. I have to think that a dealer is still going to pay more for the OLY than he will for any of the ones I want, even wholesale. Therefore, I think a straight up trade will be a good deal for all parties. I'm not interested in cash. I just want the hardware.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I decided after input from family that this gun is worth waaaaay more than any of those I want to trade for so I'm going to try and sell it first on GUNS AMERICA and then I might try a trade if it doesn't go. On that site I saw just 7 items similar with prices varying from $800 to $1600. I'm listing it at $950. So, we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gonna try and SELL this on GUNS AMERICA, first.

Therefore I'm going to close this thread for the time being.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.