Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last 3-4 days I've not been able to access their site due to server being too busy? Any opinions as to why?:confused:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
They seem to be having issues lately. Forget them you have the best carry site right here at combat carry. I almost forgot about packing when I found this site. Shoot straight and be safe. Sixgun

·
Administrator
143,594 Posts
WEll, I Googled Packing.org

and the site came up fast but, when I clicked to go on it was S L O W ...then once on the main packing page I clicked on a couple of active links & I got a SERVER BUSY

So...it's not your computer or your imagination. They must be having some problems.
And if it's been 4 or 5 days that you've been trying then I guess serious problems.

Thanks For The Heads Up sweetsweetbeer & sixgun. Good Information. :yup:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I too had gotten feedback from folks on this issue - maybe someone here mentioned it. They did mention another site or two worth visiting but I am not sure of the URL's.

Was one something like carry.org? Really should have made notes.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Last thursday Mark soloman was actualy on the site, maybe he found things there , he didn't like,. Can only hope its not down forever, But I have to say I do like this site very much, much more
civil and no way near as much infighting.

·
Super Moderator
23,593 Posts
I just use their tools, and stay away from the forums. The tools are typically pretty good, and user-friendly, so to speak. These discussions much better, IMHO!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sometimes it seems like they are down more than up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't know if the web server packing.org runs on is private or if it's an ISP/webhost provider server, but in either case the web server and database server are not tuned properly. Apparently he was doing some work this weekend but now during the day it's pretty much impossible to use due to the 'high traffic' thing... which I think is still a problem with his database server, except now you get that message instead of the screenfull of [ink MySQL failures.

I'd offer to help him, but I'm told he pretty much ignores emails. :(

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
haven't had any problems tonite

·
Registered
13 Posts
packing.org

I just went on the packing.org site today (3/28/06) at 4:30 eastern time :embarassed without any problem. Maybe you just hit it at a busy time. Try again. Good luck.:wave:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
ManChicken quote: "I'd offer to help him, but I'm told he pretty much ignores emails. :("

Sorry Man, trying to get used to using quotes - mea culpa!

Hmm, I'd e-mailed him several times for login assistance. Glad to hear that it's not personal. Better yet, I'm gladder 'cause I found this site. Nothing against Mr. Solomon's site, but I think I know which one is more enjoyable in my opinion. :biggrin2:

Tried to log on to packing just a few minutes ago, nothing comes up at all. Well, meanwhile, I'm "home"

·
Registered
791 Posts
I just got on the page and it worked fine. Must just be the time of day or number of people trying to access the page.

Checking the Ohio section sure reminded me how much we need to make some improvements to the laws here though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts