Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone talks about the XD 45 rsomething like that.

Can anyone tell me more about it and the price range it should be? Can I only buy it an a store in my state?

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Yankees98a said:

Can anyone tell me more about it and the price range it should be? Can I only buy it an a store in my state?
Here's a start.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-xdpstl.shtml

The XD series is a product line imported by Springfield Armory. Prices and locations of dealers can be found on Springfield's site. There are others on the forum who have XDs and who know a lot more about them. They will chime in soon.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Here in NC, they run about $479 for the XD-45 ACP 4" with the "gear". I'm sure you will hear from Euclidean soon!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
No but there is an accessory rail and any/most aftermarket lasers can be mounted on. If you get infrared won't you need night vision to see it? IMO a laser isn't needed, just night sights and lots of practice.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
My 4" listed for $509. Be ware when & if you go to buy as they're available in both .45ACP and the evil spawn of Hell .45GAP. I think all the owners on here bought the ACP version and that's what we're generally referring to in reviews.

I'd been toying with the idea of a polymer hicap for a long while and just never found a Glock that felt natural to me. From the moment I picked up the XD it was completely natural. The only other guns I've experienced that with are the 1911 and the Sig 229. Check one out at your dealer, especially if you're a 1911 fanatic (like me).
Jack

·
Registered
950 Posts
Got to get me one. I have been wanting a smaller pistol. Currently I have Chief 38 Special and the 1911. The XD looks smaller and I can get .45 Caliber in it. Looks like I am going to go layaway.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I got one. And i worked out a trade deal in my favor so i really diddnt pay anything for it. But i couldnt be happier. So far ive put about 600 rounds through it and not one problem. I have fired everything from wolf to Federal Hydrashok and fusion rounds and they all were pretty accuate. I carry mine as well. If you can find one for around 460 plus tax then your doing pretty good. Here in Oregon we dont have sales tax so the guns go for 510 here to make up for that difference i guess.

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I paid about $565.00 for my XD-45, 4inch model, Im very pleased
with it so far, But have only had it for a couple of months, I shoot it
as often as my Arthritic Hands will let me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Buy one. You will really like it. They aren't much money and they shoot very well. Not only that, they carry great. I just spent the weekend with mine OWB strong side. Bowling, wedding reception, date, out with the kids, and nobody could tell.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yankees98a said:

Purchased mine about a month ago for $469.00 with the "gear". I have now put around 2k rounds through it (all 230 FMJ) with not a problem of any kind. Remarkable!

I now use it as my EDC gun and purchased a FIST #43 slide/clip holster (pic to follow). The XD weighs 30 oz empty and with a full load (13+1) around 39-40 ounces which is very close to a fully loaded 1911. The grip is has a very reasonable circumference but, to accomplish that, it noticeably longer. At first I thought this might be a concealment problem but it has not turned out to be a problem at all.

Reliability has been remarkable and accuracy is as good as I can achieve with my "aging eyes". I am truly very pleased with my XD45.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Can somebody check the slide width for me? The Glock G30 is listed as 1.27" thick and I'm curious how the 4" Tactical compares. Haven't been able to find that info on Springfield's site.

I'm trying to decide if I want an IWB or pancake holster for it. IIRC Euc uses a C-TAC? what about you other folks, IWB or OWB? I'm leaning strongly toward a pancake design but would like to keep the IWB option open if it's practical (and not unreasonably uncomfortable).
Thanks guys!
Jack

·
Registered
641 Posts
maclean3

Forgot to mention it but the FIST holster shown in my pic will allow for either IWB or OWB carry and works quite well for each - although I have a preference for IWB carry. So, one holster allows for two separate carry choices.:wave:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Thanks Dairy, I thought that was how your holster worked. I was just wondering how uncomfortable the XD45 would be IWB. Guess it's like anything else, ya' just get use to it. the cylinder on my j-frame is roughly 1.25" and I wear that IWB without too much discomfort ... but it's not long enough to contact the sciatic nerve either.

Hrmmmmm, I might have to get both holsters and test it out.
Jack

·
Registered
37 Posts
maclean3 said:
4" Tactical compares. jack

sry but the 4" is the service and the 5" is the tactical.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
murphyslaw said:
sry but the 4" is the service and the 5" is the tactical.
You're right, my mistake. I checked out the 5" but it felt a bit too muzzle heavy for me. The 4" now ... that was just too nice to pass up. I'm thinking about either the decal grips on a Hogue sleeve might be called for. The front and back straps felt fine but the sides seem like they might get slippery when wet or sweaty.
Jack

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also preferred the service model some people say that it looks incomplete but I think the tac. model looks to funny(fake). I bought the Hogue Handall Grip Sleeve from pistolgear.com and I love it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts