Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you folks out there with the XD's.
a buddy of mine just got his CHL for ohio and is wanting to carry his xd 9mm. i'm a 1911 guy and don't know a whole lot about the xd's.

i am wanting to get a flavor for how ya'all carry yers.
who made yer holsters?
what ya like best?
etc.

would like to send some business to our 'local' makers also if they cater to the xd crowd\ and i imagine they do.

yer input is valued.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I carry an XD40 SC, use a Desantis pocket holster and just throw it in my pocket. Being in Florida, the normal dress of casual dockers, it fits fine, in my shorts (cargo style mostly) it works fine as well. Only other holster I have tried is a Pager Pal and that worked moderately well but I prefe the pocket carry.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I am currently carrying my XD45 in a Galco OWB until I recieve the Max-Con V IWB holster I just ordered from Gary Brommeland @ brommeland's gunleather. I bought a cheap IWB, last month, and tried using it, but it was not comfortable and allowed the gun to shift tilt positions by simply walking. This is not acceptable in a concealed carry situation. Called Gary and am anxious waiting for the holster & mag pouch arrival in about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
When i carry mine which isnt much anymore i use a don hume IWB or OWB J.I.T holster these were all that was avaible at the time i bought the gun it had just come out but if i was looking a new holster i would throw my order to KDholster or Gary brommeland Or Mark Garrity ..

I carry mostly IWB as i found OWB doesnt work for my Shape..

I tell the old lady im in shape round is a shape

·
Registered
988 Posts
XD9 Service in a Desantis Pro Stealth IWB with extra mag along for the ride.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I have an xdsc 9mm and I carry it in a Don Hume iwb 715wc holster and it does a good job. Excelent gun by the way.

Sixgun

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have been carrying my 1911 for the past year, but i used to carry my XD in a Comp-Tac CTAC.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Carry my XD45 in a FIST #43 which allows for either IWB or OWB carry. It it is a simple, secure, and concealable outfit.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THANKS ALL...good info for me to pass along .
lotsa support for the xd obviously

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dairycreek, I looked for this holster and couldn't find it. I was just on the FIST website and did a google search. no luck. thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
Max Con V

Woody said:
I have been carrying my 1911 for the past year, but i used to carry my XD in a Comp-Tac CTAC.

I use a CTAC also when I carry mine, however I just can not grow to like kydex. I have read a lot of good reviews on the Max Con V. I really want to order a Max Con however I keep vacillating between getting one for my XD9 service or my Glock 27. (can not afford two right now.) I am off monday and I hope to give Gary a call.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I carry my XD SC daily with a Don Hume Open Top OWB slide holster. I really like this holster.

Generally, I carry with a t-shirt tucked in and a concealment shirt untucked and unbuttoned (especially in the warm months).

Here are some pics of the holster, itself.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I carry my XD9 Service Model in a Blackhawk CQC holster with push button retention. Works quite nicely:smile:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
hey xd dan, what is that on your grip, is that some sort of grip tape or some kind of cover? just wondering!

·
Registered
15 Posts
soonerjh said:
hey xd dan, what is that on your grip, is that some sort of grip tape or some kind of cover? just wondering!
It's skateboard griptape. I got a big piece of it for next to nothing from a skate shop my boys go to.

I created a template to fit the SC grip. Now, when one gets tattered or starts to peel (from cleaning with Hoppes), I just cut out another one and stick it on. I've been using this stuff for almost a year. I'm on my first replacememnt. It's not near as abrasive as you might think.

I like it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts