Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started looking around for a single stack subcompact 45acp .. I looked at Glock 36 .. I have a 30S .. even though the 36 is single stack its still close to the size of the 30S ... I looked at a Kahr CW45 and CM45 both nice pistols but the CW is close to the 36 and the CM felt almost to small .. abd sure it would be hard to do quick & accurate follow up shots ..

Enter the XDS-45 ... I just happen to see one on Gunbroker .. Lightly used Stainless steel XDS-45 , with 3 mags , magazine holder , holster in the huge case .. ..
I had already read reviews and such .. and with just a hour and change left in the auctiion .. I bid .. and won ...should be next week before it arrives ..

·
Registered
598 Posts
Nice. I've got a Springfield XD Mod.2 45ACP myself. I like Springfield XD's.

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Registered
714 Posts
Congratulations! I've had two 3.3" .45 XD-S pistols. I sold the all-black one when I got the Davidson's Exclusive FDE. It's surprisingly easy to shoot, for a sub-compact .45.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I predict satisfaction.

I'm very pleased with my XDs 45.

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I useally lean toward Glocks .. I owned a 36 for years and after getting the 30S ..i noticed i could conceal the 30S as easly as the 36 .. so I sold the 36 ..thats been over a year ago .. The the XDS 45 3.3 may be the ticket ....

·
Premium Member
5,814 Posts
#2 daughter has a brace of XDS 45s , dead shot , loves to shoot them and has no issue with recoil. I think you'd love it .

Reactions: Skullthumper

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
you should like it a whole bunch.

I thought a MOD 2 .45 might handle recoil better than my XD-S .45, but find
that there isn't a huge amount of difference, and the MOD 2 is both wider and heavier.

Also a fat magazine to carry around with you for a reload.

THe XD-S is slim and powerful.

Same for my PPS M2 that's only a 9mm.

When you need small and light, but a big hole in the end the
XD-S is what to reach for.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I had one as my main CCW for several years. It was a really sweet gun. Hurt my hand a little after long range sessions but a rubberized grip from Talon made a big difference.
I eventually sold it and bought the same gun in 9mm which I now carry. I wrestled with the decision and a few more rounds of quality ammo won out but the .45 is a great gun and you will like it.

Mine ate every ammo I ever tried in it and never had a problem with either XDS.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
#2 daughter has a brace of XDS 45s , dead shot , loves to shoot them and has no issue with recoil. I think you'd love it .
Congratulations! I've had two 3.3" .45 XD-S pistols. I sold the all-black one when I got the Davidson's Exclusive FDE. It's surprisingly easy to shoot, for a sub-compact .45.
This is interesting because I have read where a lot of folks sold theirs because it was too snappy. I've been thinking about picking one up.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I've got the 3.3" 9mm, and not to bad mouth it, because it gets the job done, but it just isn't my favorite. That said, I'd consider an XDs 45 as an addition to my arsenal if I could get one (you know, the Kalifornia thing again). You can only get them private party (used) here...and if you can find one, they sell for 800-900 bucks. That said, my buddy has one and really loves it.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Hi, can you buy the XD-S and MOD2 45s Used by out of state transfers?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I absolutely love mine. I have carried it as my primary for two years and don't have any plans of replacing it. Snappy? I would consider it stout but hey it's a .45 and easily controllable IMO.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hi, can you buy the XD-S and MOD2 45s Used by out of state transfers?
As for the XDs, not in California...unless you are doing a family transfer. To the best of my knowledge, that means direct bloodline, such as father to son or grandpa to blood grandchild. No "step-kids" or "son-in-law". I had been hoping to have my son-in-law (living in Utah at the time) gift me his LCP custom, but I found out that in-laws are out-lawed from interstate firearm gifts in CA.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Much like our laws in WA state.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I'm confident that if some hot shot with an LCP challenged me to a dueling tree shoot that I could win real quick like with an XDs 45.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm confident that if some hot shot with an LCP challenged me to a dueling tree shoot that I could win real quick like with an XDs 45.
Oh yeah...no question. My comment was just an example of ability to gift or acquire a "non-roster" gun from out of state. My son could gift me an XDs 45 (or an LCP or whatever) from out of state, but my friend, or son in law, etc, could not.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts