Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Springfield Armory XD-S 9mm on Tuesday (as per previous posts). Finally got time to test fire it. Haven't shot a pistol in 20+ years (all those were .22s).

I had one box of Blazers aluminum ammo. Shot 36 times. Not really qualified to give a range report, it's the only gun I own. ha ha. I was surprised how accurate the gun was. I was shooting at 7-10 BIG paces (I'm 6'1"). I was a really crude outdoor range, just me and the mosquitos. Learned that I need better hearing protection... shoot a little LOW and to the LEFT (my guess trigger pull on my part).

The gun worked flawlessly. No Issues except a really stiff slide release lever. Had a lot of fun too.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Really wanting the xds in 9mm. 9mm is my favorite round, I love my xds chambered in .45, only makes since I should get the 9. Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
The positive reviews I keep reading on the new XDs 9 makes me feel confident I made a good choice in an easy to conceal 9mm! I'm getting mine out of layaway hopefully tomorrow. It also seems to be an extremely hot seller.

·
Registered
10,970 Posts
I dunno. The XDs empty weighs more than an empty baby Glock. Yes, it is thinner, but I cannot understand why it is such a porker for what it is. :confused:

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Sounds and looks like you did a good job! Well Done! If you like it, please keep shooting it to get familiar and better!

Do you plan to carry it?

Posted using Tapatalk.

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
I dunno. The XDs empty weighs more than an empty baby Glock. Yes, it is thinner, but I cannot understand why it is such a porker for what it is. :confused:
All polymer Springfields are heavy for some unknown reason. Compared to Glocks or even Rugers, XD pistols feel like boat anchors. I sold off all my SA's for that reason plus their crazy high bore axis. Haven't regretted that decision at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts