Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Looks good from the description. I can only speak of Panther Concealment Custom Kydex Holsters and Knife Sheaths
It's the only holster I own, was lucky enough to get a lot of votes on them from a question I posted like this. I have no association with them, but great service and A one on personal service. About $55.00. If you like kydex. Take a peak at their products. Can slip it on and off with no problem. Or just remove gun and leave it on belt. Holds extremely close to your body. You must have a proper belt, as with any holster.

Reactions: kaikane0812

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It looks like a decent hybrid holster. I do see a couple of negatives though. The kydex is riveted to the leather which means you cannot replace just the kydex shell if you buy a different gun. More importantly, it has no tension adjustment screws. This means that you are dependent on the molding providing a perfect fit for your gun. As the leather backing stretches (it will), the holster is going to loosen up.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Poor edging and I bet the mag release will be covered. But being a holster nerd and part time maker, I'm picky. I just built one for a XDs and that combat cut will hit the mag release I'm almost certain. With additional price comes additional attention to details. At least it usually does.

Reactions: Black Arch Holsters

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Poor edging and I bet the mag release will be covered. But being a holster nerd and part time maker, I'm picky. I just built one for a XDs and that combat cut will hit the mag release I'm almost certain. With additional price comes additional attention to details. At least it usually does.
Good eyes my man..and now after going back and looking at the zoom pic's I have to agree with you 100%..

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
It is poorly finished, the leather edges are rough, the Kydex edges are not polished at all, and it looks rather poorly thought out. If you are looking for a Hybrid type holster, there are many quality, well designed brands for not a lot more money. SHTF Gear, White hat come to mind.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is poorly finished, the leather edges are rough, the Kydex edges are not polished at all, and it looks rather poorly thought out. If you are looking for a Hybrid type holster, there are many quality, well designed brands for not a lot more money. SHTF Gear, White hat come to mind.
I kinda like mutual admiration societies so......which of your designs fits the xds .45 ...looked at the site but can't determine..thanks.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And if you are interested in full kydex, I have it on good authority that MidWorld Holsters are pretty good!
I kinda like mutual admiration societies so......which of your designs fits the xds .45 ...looked at the site is the Ace 1 the one?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Lol
I can make any of my holsters for that gun.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
Your holsters look good, but I'm too broke right now. Out of 5 "aiwb" (quoted as advertised), only 1 conceals well. The one that conceals holds the gun so tight it will force the slide back when I holster. I may be looking into your line in the future.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Registered
319 Posts
I, too, can speak to Panther Concealment holsters as a great product. I've gotten 2 IWBs and an OWB from them for various pistols, and am awaiting 2 more as well as a sheath for a Perrin Street Bowie. Their quality is top-notch as is their customer service.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just ordered a 40c to match the FS. Already have the Panther guys on alert for my 2nd. 2 guns, 2 holsters, not to bad. Leaves plenty of room in that useless holster drawer for other stuff!!:image035:

I, too, can speak to Panther Concealment holsters as a great product. I've gotten 2 IWBs and an OWB from them for various pistols, and am awaiting 2 more as well as a sheath for a Perrin Street Bowie. Their quality is top-notch as is their customer service.

·
Registered
129 Posts
When I got my XDS I bought a MultiHolster "quick ship" IWB kydex holster just so I had something to use until I got a 'better' one. I ended up sticking with this one and carry in it every day. I think I paid $60 for it.

I do wish it had thicker kydex (as it is only .06) but it conceals very well and the (thicker) belt clip is very sturdy and holds very well. It is tension adjustable and fits the gun extremely well.

I also have a Tucker Gunleather "Texas Heritage" that I wear when I must tuck my shirt in over my gun. This is a strictly leather IWB, so reholstering is impossible with only one hand (not good). But, I will say that this is a very adjustable holster, whereas my kydex IWB is not adjustable for cant/ride height. Both holsters hold the gun very close to my body. I carry at 4 o'clock.

If I had to buy another kydex IWB I would give Eight2Ten a look. His stuff seems to be highly regarded and it seems to be top notch. www.eight2ten.com

I wear my holsters with a Wilderness Tactical Instructors belt, which I also highly recommend.

I hope it goes without saying, but, FWIW, I am in no way affiliated with any of these companies.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I can only recommend what I have tried in that price range, I have 2 Foxx hybrid holsters I bought off of amazon for the same price and I couldn't be more pleased with them. Make sure you upgrade the clips though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts