Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The XDS arrived today... Great condition.... And I was a bit suprised ... In the size of the XDS .. Small period ... especially for a 45acp

The only pistol I own that I can compare it to , is the PT709 !!!!

Width bout the same .. XDS slightly narrower, length same , height, the XDS slightly shorter ..weight XDS weighs 2 oz more ..

The XDS45 is much more compact than my other subcompact 45's , Taurus PT145 and Glock 30S

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hadn't had a chance to shoot just as yet .. Hopefully this weekend ..I just unpacked it and cleaned it up ... From what I have read .. It is a very manageable.. and performs like a larger pistol ...

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
my next range trip I'm taking my XDS .45 with a bunch of different rounds, that gun is the only one, that unless I really concentrate it will hit left and 12" to 14" low, if it stays the same is either going back to SA or traded, yes I have 8 or 9 striker fired guns, DA/SA and 1911s and the XDS its the only gun that I can't shoot, it is either some wrong with the gun or me and that gun, it is a shame is an excellent CC weapon.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I found that my XD-S 4.0 9mm had less recoil than my XD-S .45, but a far better triger on
the .45.

I've never had a hint of problem from my XD-S or other Springers.

Can't say that about some other Taurus guys on this forum or others.

The XD-S .45 has that bigger hole in the muzzle as well.

Plenty of nice XD-S holsters on the market.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Small but an incredible shooter. I have one and absolutely love it.
Exactly matches my experience. I've carried my XDS in .45 3.3" subcompact for a couple years now. I LOVE it. Shoots great, conceals without a problem, comfortable carry both IWB and OWB.

However, to others reading this, remember that a short length of bore means you need to be that much more experienced/skilled in sighting/marksmanship than with a longer sight radius bore. Good for a novice, new to shooting? Possibly not. But for those with experience, its a great EDC.

·
Registered
739 Posts
my next range trip I'm taking my XDS .45 with a bunch of different rounds, that gun is the only one, that unless I really concentrate it will hit left and 12" to 14" low, if it stays the same is either going back to SA or traded, yes I have 8 or 9 striker fired guns, DA/SA and 1911s and the XDS its the only gun that I can't shoot, it is either some wrong with the gun or me and that gun, it is a shame is an excellent CC weapon.
Actually, first time I fired mine, I had the same problem. Read this thread (http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/defensive-carry-guns/234883-why-do-i-shoot-left.html) and discovered I was using the old "Army Taught" 1911 sight picture. Once I changed the sight picture, rounds went where I wanted without a problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just don't like the feel of this XDS in my grip, so it's all about the feeling, comfort and memory muscle. AND yes, I mostly shoot left with it too :D

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
XDS45 vs Taurus PT709 Slim 9mm

The XDs45 makes a great pocket rocket.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Actually, first time I fired mine, I had the same problem. Read this thread (http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/defensive-carry-guns/234883-why-do-i-shoot-left.html) and discovered I was using the old "Army Taught" 1911 sight picture. Once I changed the sight picture, rounds went where I wanted without a problem.
left I can understand, I have plenty of other striker handguns, but 10" to 14" low???? but I'm happy to report the on this range trip I was hitting close to aim point, when aiming I have to see slightly the top of the slide with the front sight though. This gun if I ever have to use, hope not, it be close and personal anyway, no time to use the sights.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
XDS45 vs Taurus PT709 Slim 9mm

The XDs45 makes a great pocket rocket.
I was mostly comparing the size of the pistols ..

Anyway I had a chance this afternoon to run a box of 230gr ball thru the pistol ... I must say , this little pistol is a fine shooter .. recoil was present... but not bad at all ... I was able to squeeze off a 6 rd burst at 7 yds all in a paper plate .. Just as quick as i could squeeze the trigger...
I can tell this is a great weapon for self defense ..

Being this is a used gun , its broke in .. I still need to run some more FMJ and HP .. and some +P ... Im going back to the range tomorrow..

I dont see this pistol being traded or sold ...

·
Registered
80 Posts
The XDS45 is much more compact than my other subcompact 45's , Taurus PT145...
Congrats on your new toy. My 'compact' 45 is the PT145 Mil Pro and with its 10 round magazine is a lot of fire power in a 6.1" OAL gun...but wait, there's more! It also accepts the PT 24/7 12 round magazine so I carry it with 13 total 45 ACP rounds.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have had my XDs 45 acp for almost a year now. It's flawless with the 5 round magazines and every type of ammo I run through it including hand loads. My gun also shot to the left and slightly low. The rear sight is next to impossible to move so I sprung for the sight pusher tool. Sight Pusher - Sight Pusher Sight Pusher I finally was able to move the rear sight with this, expensive yes! I think I paid around $60 to use the tool just one time but now my gun is dead on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts