Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they really better than the factory white dot sights on a Glock 26.
Are they worth the $106.00+ price tag..

What is the real advantage of these sights???

Thanks.....

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I had a set on a little 5-shot S&W revolver. They worked great, and they are really easy to pick up on in a hurry. Compared to the factory sights I would classify them as an improvement.

Reactions: Medic218

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
They are really sights just for close range, extremely fast aiming as all you have to do is put the big dot where you want it to go and then "dot the I" as they say. They seem fast at closer range. But they definitely aren't made for longer distances.

Sent from my DROID RAZR cuz robots are cooler than fruit.

Reactions: CWOLDOJAX

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine are on my Glock 19. Yes they are worth it for a defensive pistol. You'll see a marked improvement in your ability to rapidly acquire your sights. They are not for target/competitive shooting. I can also say from experience they stand behind their products.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I put just the front on my G26 and like it. They're called "Big Dot" because they are BIG! I've heard of some who colored in the white line or turned the rear sight around so it's all black and used just the front. One thing I had to do was put a higher rear sight on. The standard 6.5 sight is a bit too low. I put the next size, 6.7, on and it works great. Front sight and new rear Glock plastic sights cost me around $65. A good bit of difference from $106.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Bought a set for my G-19. There is no adjustment in these are they are fixed rear and locktited down. Yes it is a big dot out front, but with no adjustment in the rear it was not for me. Bad after 5 yards. You don't drift adjust a locktited sight on the gun. Removed and re-installed the Glock fully adjustable rear and a Red FO Front sight.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
I have a set on my ruger SR40C. For a pistol that has the primary purposer of a defensive pistol, they are fantastic. At 7-10 yds I can shoot some superb groups, very quickly. Sight alignment is very quick, easy and confident. Passed ten yds, some practice may be required. As noted they are not the most accurate sights at long distance, but they are not designed to be either. When shooting longer distances you are to use the the top edge of the proper sight picture, not the dot, as noted in the instructions. Because most SD shooting happen at close range, they are perfectly suited for their intended purpose. I will be adding the XS big dots to my LCR in the near future.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I have them on my USPc and love them. They are good for short range, fast combat accuracy, especially for shooters with poor vision. Without my contacts or glasses, I have very poor vision, but I can pick up that big white dot.

Reactions: wdbailey

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have a set on my ruger SR40C. For a pistol that has the primary purposer of a defensive pistol, they are fantastic. At 7-10 yds I can shoot some superb groups, very quickly. Sight alignment is very quick, easy and confident. Passed ten yds, some practice may be required. As noted they are not the most accurate sights at long distance, but they are not designed to be either. When shooting longer distances you are to use the the top edge of the proper sight picture, not the dot, as noted in the instructions. Because most SD shooting happen at close range, they are perfectly suited for their intended purpose. I will be adding the XS big dots to my LCR in the near future.
They only make the standard dot for the LCR

·
Registered
970 Posts
I have them on my 19. I never could shoot them well until I forgot about the rear sight I simply put the dot on target and bang.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I put just the front on my G26 and like it. They're called "Big Dot" because they are BIG! I've heard of some who colored in the white line or turned the rear sight around so it's all black and used just the front. One thing I had to do was put a higher rear sight on. The standard 6.5 sight is a bit too low. I put the next size, 6.7, on and it works great. Front sight and new rear Glock plastic sights cost me around $65. A good bit of difference from $106.
I didnt realize you could get the front sight only

·
Registered
264 Posts
XD 40 SC - I like them for sight picture and target acquisition but they definitely aren't target sights and the people at XS will tell you that. They're fighting sights.
I have to constantly remind myself that just because my hits aren't all in a small group on my target(like I and I'm sure everyone else would like) that it's still more than acceptable because they're still all on the silhouette and would work in a defense situation.
Also, the tritium is nice and bright. I have no problems finding my sights in light conditions and during the day that front sight couldn't be easier to identify.
I'd really like to do some run and gun exercises with them to see if I would like them any better than just standing at a line firing on paper. I want to try them for what they were designed for and see what kind of results I get.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts