Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
For combat sights it is hard to beat the BIG dot.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I like the big dot. I have one on my Shield and one on my 640.

·
Registered
426 Posts
If you are used to being conscious of your "group" size you will need to expect them to open up(with the large dots) a bit at longer ranges but at close quarters they are very good.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
for a combat pistol, the big DOTS..i JUST PUT A SET ON MY sr40c AND THEY ARE FREAKING AWESOME !!!!!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Big Dots on my trio of Glock .45's! Great combat sights but not for punching tight groups at longer ranges.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My LCR has the standard dot XS sight - I would prefer the Big Dot.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
The guy that milled my 1911 slide for XS sights had guns with both Big and Standard dots.

At range, I would lose sight of the target with the Big Dot so i chose the Standard.

If, when, I need the Big dot, I'll just pick up one and tap it in the dovetail.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Installed the Big Dot 24/7 on my Glock 26 several months ago. My old eyes thanked me. But they lend themselves more to SD than target shooting.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I put a Big Dot on my SP101 snubby and the Colt 1911; they're great for EDC quick target acquisition up to ~ 21 ft.
Don't do much long-range handgun shooting.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
For quick sight acqusition and shots out to 7 yards (21 feet) the XS big dots are my pick.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Installed the XS Big Dot on my Ruger KLCR .357mag and love it. It helps me on first shot acquisition, and on follow up shots affected by recoil. Would advise to watch YouTube Videos on XS Big Dot, convinced me to get one. Take care.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I have the Standard dots on my SP101 and LCR357. Works for me with or without glasses.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the standard dot on my Kimber Pro Carry. I don't think Big Dot was out at the time. I like the dots for what they are and what they do. (Had an interesting conversation with Ashley Emerson at an NRA exhibition once). I think the Big Dot would give you a bit more edge for quick acquisition. But even the standard dot with shallow V rear setup is a compromise. You get a fast combat sight, but you give up index of elevation. Great for a PDW, but I wouldn't have it on a hunting gun.

Hmmm... afterthought: I wonder if the Big Dot has any issues with typical concealment holsters.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Big Dot Express Sights on my Glock 23 and Big Dot front sight on my SP-101. They are great for my old eyes. :yup:

Monocular Gun Handgun holster Brown Revolver Leather
click image to enlarge....

No issues with my High Noon Public Secret holster for my G-23 and no issues with my High Noon Mr. Softy or Arizona Leather holster for my SP-101.

The height and width of the front sights are no larger than most other trijicon front sights.

Regards,

FlaRon :urla9ub:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Installed the XS Big Dot on my Ruger KLCR .357mag and love it. It helps me on first shot acquisition, and on follow up shots affected by recoil. Would advise to watch YouTube Videos on XS Big Dot, convinced me to get one. Take care.
Where did you buy a big dot for the KLCR, their website only lists the standard for the ruger.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts