Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will +P ammo in an alloy frame P12-45 will be unsafe and/or reduce it's life?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
1man - welcome from me! :smile:

I have a P12-45 and have only used std pressure. I am pretty sure +P will be ok - in essence - but still consider that any gun even if ''+P certified'' shall we say - is gonna have a harder time with the uprated ammo than std pressure.

That said ? - I reckon that stoking with +P for carry and occasional practice is no big deal - just better IMO to not beat up the gun so much on a regular basis.

My P12 is actually not a fave gun at all - it is better since ''Wolffing'' my mags but - sadly it is not for me a gun that I consider 100% reliable, much as I like feel and trigger.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks P95Carry for the info & welcome!

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
As p-95 says if you arent stoking it with +p every range trip and only carry +p for carry shouldnt be a problem .. Dont know a whole lot on para's

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
I once used hot 45's in my P10 for carry purposes.......they .never did hurt the gun.
Hydrashocks, God dots and Corbons worked well... you may want to try those

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's akin to eating steak. Do it in moderation, not every day. You'll be fine.

·
Registered
470 Posts
P95Carry said:
1man - welcome from me! :smile:

I have a P12-45 and have only used std pressure. I am pretty sure +P will be ok - in essence - but still consider that any gun even if ''+P certified'' shall we say - is gonna have a harder time with the uprated ammo than std pressure.

That said ? - I reckon that stoking with +P for carry and occasional practice is no big deal - just better IMO to not beat up the gun so much on a regular basis.

My P12 is actually not a fave gun at all - it is better since ''Wolffing'' my mags but - sadly it is not for me a gun that I consider 100% reliable, much as I like feel and trigger.

I'm looking at a used P12, but you're kinda of scaring me away????

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Cat - I think the thing is with these - most commonly problems center around feed issues which seems to come back to mags. I certainly found improvement after ''Wolffing'' mine.

Teddy Jacobson has some useful hints on these and it is possible to get them into shape. It is a very pleasant gun to handle and shoot.

·
Registered
470 Posts
P95Carry said:
Cat - I think the thing is with these - most commonly problems center around feed issues which seems to come back to mags. I certainly found improvement after ''Wolffing'' mine.

Teddy Jacobson has some useful hints on these and it is possible to get them into shape. It is a very pleasant gun to handle and shoot.
The local gunshop has one that one of it's employees traded in. It supposed to have only 250 rounds shot through it. It has 3 mags and he is asking $600 for it. I really would like to know why he traded it in??? you probably would never get the correct answer.....

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
If it has still std mag's then could well be it was not reliable enough. If ''tweaked'' and sorted out then it'd be a nice gun to have.

·
Registered
27 Posts
carry

i have a p12-45 and i use p+ ammo in it all the time i feel no diffrence then stock ammo the only thing i have seen go wrong is if you use hallow points with out +p then you shoot a little wider groups that's about it P+ works gr8 in my gun also with out any feeding prob.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Bud White, CLASS3NH, J Mag, Realleycat, and speedtuff for your comments.

Last time I went to the range with my P12, didn't have any problems.
I started working on trying to knock the dimple(indent in the mag wear the rounds channel to the lip) out of my mags. That is wear I think the problems is because in all the years of shooting semi-autos, I've never seen a mag have a dimple right where the the rounds channel to the lips of the mag. I think the designer of the mag @ Para O had one of the those "If it looks good on paper, it has to work in reality" ideas. Like I said, my Para mags are the only mags I've seen with that dented channel. Why fix something(changing the staggard mag design that has a flawless history of reliability) if it's not broken.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts