Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Very accurate and a pleasure to carry. Not to mention it runs like a sewing machine and looks great. My poor old 1911 is feeling somewhat left out these days...

Now with PICS and a little more eye candy with my recently built Grendel. If you are pulling this out for self defense it has truly hit the fan.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Very accurate and a pleasure to carry. Not to mention it runs like a sewing machine and looks great. My poor old 1911 is feeling somewhat left out these days...
Well, a 1911 is a terrible thing to waste! I would give it a nice home, a pasture to play in.......:smile: Just kidding! I've looked the EMP over, and if they perform as good as they look....you have a winner.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Well, a 1911 is a terrible thing to waste! I would give it a nice home, a pasture to play in.......:smile: Just kidding! I've looked the EMP over, and if they perform as good as they look....you have a winner.
By the way, glad to see another Tennessean on the forum! Glad to meet you!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Oh yeah, I'll throw some pics on here tonight. Big ole howdy to you GhostMaker, I'm in the southwest of Tennessee, what about you?
I am out on the other end, out toward Chattanooga way. I was going to give you a line on some 9mm if you were out this way!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am out on the other end, out toward Chattanooga way. I was going to give you a line on some 9mm if you were out this way!
Oh lord, I've got a sister in law in Chatt-town and other than that, I love that area of TN. I got tired of trying to find ammo so I started reloading but thanks for the consideration on that 9mm.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Those look like sweet pistols, a little too pricey for me but I'd wouldn't turn one down if given to me.

So what is wrong with the magazine on that AR, is it cold in the room or did it just get out of the bath?

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
I have always wanted one but after bad experiences with a Colt Defender and New Agent in 9mm, I just thought that the 9mm was not a good cartridge for a 1911. However I do understand that the EMP was designed around the 9mm so it does not share the 1911 problems. So no issues with jamming, no matter what the cause?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those look like sweet pistols, a little too pricey for me but I'd wouldn't turn one down if given to me.

So what is wrong with the magazine on that AR, is it cold in the room or did it just get out of the bath?
The larger Grendel mags just don't have the reliability they need so I started using the 10 rounders. I wish Magpul would produce a mag for the Grendels.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Oh lord, I've got a sister in law in Chatt-town and other than that, I love that area of TN. I got tired of trying to find ammo so I started reloading but thanks for the consideration on that 9mm.
No problem! Nice pics by the way, that Springfield looks sharp....but that Grendel looks wicked.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
They are truly fine looking weapons. Having never shot one I can't comment on anything more than that. But most reviews I have read are positive. I'll likely own one (in the CORRECT 1911 caliber though) one day.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.